Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

If Barmack wants to get on board with that plan, more power to him.

You don't think what he's brought to the table despite everything he was told by various people before the heads of terms were drawn up is a disqualifier then?

5 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

You don't think what he's brought to the table despite everything he was told by various people before the heads of terms were drawn up is a disqualifier then?

I don't think we can disqualify anyone willing to offer investment as long as the terms of the agreement are agreeable to the society. 

Just now, MP_MFC said:

I don't think we can disqualify anyone willing to offer investment as long as the terms of the agreement are agreeable to the society. 

His terms were to gut and hobble the society and you'd still give him a seat at the table ..... wild!

15 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Ofc we'd love EB to bite for 10-20% but I've written that off as fantasy.

And quite right. The thought that anyone wants a small piece of the club and will invest money is stuff of fantasy. Unless one of us wins £300m on the Euro lotto or suhin.

The WS are the clear and obvious option for any one with a brain.

4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

His terms were to gut and hobble the society and you'd still give him a seat at the table ..... wild!

His money is as good as anyone's if he is playing by the rules and vision of the Society board. 

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

We'll just ignore his motives up to now then? .... I'll repeat ... wild, wild stuff.

Your entitled to your viewpoint, I am happy to accept anyone's money if they are giving it to the Well Society for the Well Society board to do as they see fit. 

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Your entitled to your viewpoint, I am happy to accept anyone's money if they are giving it to the Well Society for the Well Society board to do as they see fit. 

Just to see where your limit it ... Andrew Tate wants to invest? How about Katie Hopkins? Nigel Farage?

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Vaguely related - I trust the club will be giving this pitch deck the same exposure they gave Barmack's "proposal".

Is this after they've cleared McMahon's shit out of the boardroom when he's read the plan?

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

Just to see where your limit it ... Andrew Tate wants to invest? How about Katie Hopkins? Nigel Farage?

You're about one reply away from breaking Godwin's Law here mate. Take a step back from your obvious issues with Barmack. 

If anyone is offering investment and the Society Board are happy to accept the terms of it, then yes I am for it as they are elected on our behalf to make such a judgement.

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

We'll just ignore his motives up to now then? .... I'll repeat ... wild, wild stuff.

That's one of these things where I'm so dismissive of the possibility, there seems little point contemplating it until it happens. If he had a change of heart, he'd merit fresh consideration with previous attempts duly weighted in.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

And quite right. The thought that anyone wants a small piece of the club and will invest money is stuff of fantasy. Unless one of us wins £300m on the Euro lotto or suhin.

Mmm. I appreciate the theory on that one is strong but I'm still holding out hope. People buy minority stakes in companies all the time.

That's very different to us in terms of return ofc but for wild speculation, Erik was going to get entire control for his 300k/8%. There will be - if not this instant then in the future - local business folk who for a range of reasons, be it profit, community spirit, ego, profile raising of themselves and their other businesses, tax benefits, love of the club?!, god knows, who will be interested in 5-10% at the right price point. 

Came on to say what a great document by the Well Society and, although a bit of a pain in the arse really to do at the same time as everything else, absolutely important to get it out there and get it out there now. 

But I see we are arguing about other stuff now....so I think I'll give the place a bye for a wee while. At least till we sign someone like.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

You're about one reply away from breaking Godwin's Law here mate. Take a step back from your obvious issues with Barmack. 

If anyone is offering investment and the Society Board are happy to accept the terms of it, then yes I am for it as they are elected on our behalf to make such a judgement.

I have no obvious issues with Erik, I have issues with you seemingly ignoring whats transpired over the last 3 weeks and the 6 months before .... mate. I don't see all money as good money. You can't sell a community ethos and repeat it at every turn if you'd suggest any investor would not be given due diligence determine their suitability to align, that's just not going to happen. Many already have issues with our sponsors being bookies, pawnshops and ambulance chasers and how that fits.

Regardless if you choose to ignore the terms of this scheme presented to us and see things as a do-over that is wild. You have to earn a seat at the table and we're nowhere near that. All the capitulations the WS would have had to adhere to under this scheme are long and well trodden on here.

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

I have no obvious issues with Erik, I have issues with you seemingly ignoring whats transpired over the last 3 weeks and the 6 months before .... mate. I don't see all money as good money. You can't sell a community ethos and repeat it at every turn if you'd suggest any investor would not be given due diligence determine their suitability to align, that's just not going to happen. Many already have issues with our sponsors being bookies, pawnshops and ambulance chasers and how that fits.

Regardless if you choose to ignore the terms of this scheme presented to us and see things as a do-over that is wild. You have to earn a seat at the table and we're nowhere near that. All the capitulations the WS would have had to adhere to under this scheme are long and well trodden on here.

I'll say it again, make it extra clear and it'll be my last input on this back and forth because it is apparently distracting discussion from the excellent document produced by the Society: 

39 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Realistically it is a straight choice though, isn't it? Ofc we'd love EB to bite for 10-20% but I've written that off as fantasy.

As such, the framing of a straight choice is no bad thing. There's either viable, realistic proposals from people you know love the club and are working all hours to make it better, or you roll the dice on a guy who didn't know we existed last year in a plan which basically kills the Society and leaves the club at his mercy.

Sorry, I wasn't entirely clear there. What I don't want is for a hypothetical Facebook user who doesn't like the entirety of the Well Society plan for whatever reason (too long, too vague, no celebrities, too many/not enough pictures, whatever) to think this means that they ought therefore to vote to accept the Wild Sheep offer instead.

You'd like to think that this hypothetical Facebook user would apply the same critical reasoning to the Wild Sheep "plan" but I'm afraid that's not how it works.