Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Just got to say a massive well done to Jay, Derek, Sean, Markus, Amber and Phil with this. A clear, realistic plan for the club and if people are still willing to vote for this deal then I give up. 

The future is with Fan Ownership.

Out of interest did the others not participate in this before they jumped ship i.e. did they take a back seat or have their heads turned halfway through, has Feely bought into it?

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Out of interest did the others not participate in this before they jumped ship i.e. did they take a back seat or have their heads turned halfway through, has Feely bought into it?

I don't know but on the basis Feely didn't put his name on the foreword and wasn't quoted in the release, I'll draw a conclusion for the post-shenanigans view.

And given the other pair would have binned fan ownership, I doubt they'd have been burning it up with this sort of effort before.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why not be proactive and help out rather than making things difficult?

A criticism that could be levelled at both the club and society over the last few years. 

Until the last couple of hours, there was no indication of what any contribution would achieve and if the vote goes the wrong way it would be a waste of time anyway.

In the grand scheme of things my contribution alone would be a tiny proportion of income and make little difference so I'd like to see if the plan is just lip service or will actually be taken forward before committing again. I do actually have high hopes for the society going forward but I believe that they should be held to account for the promises made and this is just a small personal test of that.

They clearly already have a list of non contributing members so a simple email asking to consider setting up a new payment in light of the new strategy would be a very easily achievable start at a point where they are gaining some momentum.

I stopped contributing to the WS regularly for a number of reasons. One of which being I initially joined at a high level with many associated benefits attached all of which were suddenly withdrawn.  On the latter tbh I was not that bothered. Not actually what I signed up for, but once you promise something you ought to deliver or try to deliver. What bothered me the most was the lack of communication at the time.  It was thoroughly unprofessional. 

I like many on here am impressed by the WS Plan.  Some of it may not come to fruition, but what is the difference between that and the Wild Sheep proposal. At least it is realistic. Especially the Customer Engagement and proper use of CRM systems.  For example acknowledging and thanking people for making WS donations.  Following up on those who stop. Why ? and when you can afford it please consider starting again etc etc.

Slightly off topic - I have used Moonpig off and on and for a friends daughter who we are god parents too.  Every day for the last 3 weeks I have had a reminder to send a Bday card. Every bloody day....now that is annoying, but I kinda admire it and we should be getting and staying as close as possible to our customers... the fans etc.  For example asking lapsed fans / season ticket holders and WS contributors to re consider.

If the WS wins through and hopefully it does I will also consider reinstating a regular monthly contribution. I really hope this gets the buy in and traction it deserves to to take off.  I am not against outside investment. I don't think any of us are. It just needs to be tilted in our favour a lot more than the current Wild Sheep offer is...a LOT more...

26 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

A criticism that could be levelled at both the club and society over the last few years. 

Until the last couple of hours, there was no indication of what any contribution would achieve and if the vote goes the wrong way it would be a waste of time anyway.

In the grand scheme of things my contribution alone would be a tiny proportion of income and make little difference so I'd like to see if the plan is just lip service or will actually be taken forward before committing again. I do actually have high hopes for the society going forward but I believe that they should be held to account for the promises made and this is just a small personal test of that.

They clearly already have a list of non contributing members so a simple email asking to consider setting up a new payment in light of the new strategy would be a very easily achievable start at a point where they are gaining some momentum.

My contributions lapsed somehow, still no idea why but they stopped and I didn't notice for months. When I realised I contacted Sally to try and fix it, again no idea why but they were set back up fairly quickly. Point being even then she recognised that there may be many more that has happened to for whatever reason and that is one simple fix, go back to folk and ask them why. Folk like me will likely set up a new DD and immediately you have a win. Start at the beginning kind of thing which they are certainly aware of now. So I would expect that to be one of their first ports of call once we get Erik the Overtaker tae f**k. 

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Sean has spoken to McGarry for The Herald 

This stuff is all excellent; it's really pushing back in a collective and constructive way... without the emotion, or (direct) pot-shots that some have called for.

I said this over on SO so will say it here; I think the WS Board have been handling themselves incredibly throughout all of this and are a credit to the Society, The Club and the fan base.

Being professional and doing things in the manner which they're doing them demonstrates an incredible level of control and dignity. They're also going to stand up on Wednesday and take questions and listen to their members/fans; something the Exec Board aren't willing to do. That speaks volumes to their character and belief in what they're presenting.

I think by all means we as fans/non-board members can call out the hypocrisy of certain ex-board members and others, but I think the WS Board are handling themselves brilliantly.

Edited by StAndrew7

1 minute ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think by all means we as fans/non-board members can call out the hypocrisy of certain ex-board members and others, but I think the WS Board are handling themselves brilliantly.

The restraint they have shown has been incredible given the absolute pile of shit the current executive board has dumped on them and some of the total bollocks posted by Barmack. 

7 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

This stuff is all excellent; it's really pushing back in a collective and constructive way... without the emotion, or (direct) pot-shots that some have called for.

I said this over on SO so will say it here; I think the WS Board have been handling themselves incredibly throughout all of this and are a credit to the Society, The Club and the fan base.

Being professional and doing things in the manner which they're doing them demonstrates an incredible level of control and dignity. They're also going to stand up on Wednesday and take questions and listen to their members/fans; something the Exec Board aren't willing to. That speaks volumes to their character and belief in what they're presenting.

This 100 times.

it would have been so easy to take shots at EB and/or the current club board (and ex society board members), I know I might have. But they have made this all about the society and what it can and plans on doing.

2 hours ago, CoF said:

We probably don’t appreciate how weird Mother Well is to the rest of the world. 

Have we considered Motherwell Super Giant FC?

2 hours ago, David1979 said:

He's already being slipped some money for doing that. it's known as his salary, which he's paid to do his job! 

Alright Roy Keane.