Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Really bizarre the clubs socials haven’t posted the WS plans. Wonder if many fans will be persuaded by what they’ve seen about EB on clubs official channel and not caught WS’s 2 cents. 

Surely Wild Sheep will need to produce a comprehensive plan as well now for most people to even think about voting for it.

This vote gonna be more exciting than the general election. 

We do need to be careful with building this narrative... We're only voting on EB's proposal next week.

The Society have released this plan because it was always going to; circumstances have meant it's had to have a fire lit under it to demonstrate that the status quo will not mean stagnating or regressing like the Exec Board has suggested.

The difference here is that the Society's plan means that we can all have a chance to have a say and be a part of its development and implementation.

That, for me anyway, is tremendously exciting.

Edited by StAndrew7

17 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Really bizarre the clubs socials haven’t posted the WS plans. Wonder if many fans will be persuaded by what they’ve seen about EB on clubs official channel and not caught WS’s 2 cents. 

Surely Wild Sheep will need to produce a comprehensive plan as well now for most people to even think about voting for it.

This vote gonna be more exciting than the general election. 

Not just bizarre,  but downright WRONG. 

No matter what McMahon and his cohorts think of the Society, or how desperate they are for Barmack's bid to succeed, it is their DUTY to make sure every possible avenue is used equally to provide the information from BOTH sides in a vote of this magnitude and make it VERY clear it is not an 'either or' situation. They've had their rambling thoughts on why they think it's a good idea on all platforms, they MUST now offer the Society the same right to express why they don't and showcase their own, alternative vision. The contempt they are showing for the Society and the fanbase as a whole is shocking, but yet again, completely unsurprising. Get them out.

Edited by 'WellDel
Typo

3 hours ago, fatcalf said:

Even more tellingly Motherwell : 0

Two for Uddingston else there were imposters....  I'm almost certain SO has/had photographic evidence.... 

If so, I'm the one wearing the Scotland top. Under no circumstances were we able to wear club colours.....

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Not just bizarre,  but downright WRONG. 

One thing that struck me as I read the WS plan today was that it was a really good balance of pragmatic stuff like improving disabled access in the Cooper to allow a wider range of bookings in the facilities there, or targeting areas to improve WS membership along with more emotional stuff eg:

Our vision for Motherwell Football Club is for it to become a Community Anchor; something special which we all have a share in. At the heart of our community, Motherwell FC stands not just as a football club but as a cherished institution woven into the fabric of our town.

or 

We will be the club of choice for every young person wanting to play or watch football in Lanarkshire. We will provide our members and the Club’s supporters with the highest quality customer service, fan engagement, and youth development of any club in Scotland. Motherwell will be a club that provides fans of all ages with an identity, a sense of belonging and agency over a huge part of their lives. Fir Park will be somewhere that supporters feel happy, secure and at home, somewhere they can take refuge from the world outside and find it hard to leave again.

Whereas, the Wild Sheep proposal was presented by the club purely in technocratic terms (a summary of the Heads of Terms basically) - there was no effort whatsoever to sell any sort of vision or reason to get excited about it. It was almost as if they felt it was fait accompli that we'd all be delighted about 300 grand. This was obviously a huge error and is possibly why they are not so keen to shout too loud about what the WS put out today.

Final thought - when you see what was released today - it makes the resignation reasons given by Dickie and Downie ("I’m at odds with the strategic direction currently being taken and cannot in all considered conscience continue in my role as Board Member") look really quite bizarre in context.

After today's announcement it seems we're only really in the market for offers too good to be true and quality loans (ideally not getting the rug pulled in January).

As Bair is definitely away and I learned half an hour ago Slattery is out till October, the lineup reflects that. Despite playing whatever we did last season I think Ketts has got the personnel to at least emulate the remarkable run we went on when he first got the gig with two up front.

I see the central defenders all being quite fluid shown here, I suppose over the next month it will be who gels the best among them all.

lineup.png.866fa338878397f0a8fb5cf61795c0bc.png

Edited by Vietnam91

30 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

As Bair is definitely away and I learned half an hour ago Slattery is out till October, the lineup reflects that. 

Is this a best guess ? I assume we have received a more acceptable offer ?

Apparently we had two bids which we knocked back in the region of £700k or at least one was. 

Or we have accepted a bid and are waiting until Theo returns from Copa America. 

Just now, welldaft said:

Apparently we had two bids which we knocked back in the region of £700k or at least one was. 

At least two tabled bids, players saying he should get a move and they hope he gets one. It's as safe a bet as you can make right now I'd say.

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

At least two tabled bids, players saying he should get a move and they hope he gets one. It's as safe a bet as you can make right now I'd say.

Fair enough. Hopefully we can get nearer to £1m with some add ons. That may be more acceptable to the club. Hope he gets at least a few minutes on the pitch in the CA. 

Edited by welldaft

14 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

So NOW the bold Erik is looking to share a plan of sorts.

He'll no doubt grab inspiration from the Society plan, dress up certain sections as his own, and say that the Well Society can accomplish all of that, especially with his financial backing, "Hollywood" connections, and of course, with him as Chairman.

19 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I'm not as ITK as 'Nam or anything but it just seems to make sense for everyone involved, especially with Stuparevic and Robinson already in alongside Moses