Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

If people who made a contribution a long time ago are eligible for a vote then they are possibly more likely to be swayed by the proposal. They're probably less likely to vote as well I suppose. 

This is basically me.

I can confirm I will be voting 100% in favour of the WS and sending EB's current proposal as far into the sea as is humanly possible.

If the Society votes it down it can't get 75% and fails, if it votes it through you've got 71/75%, considering that it was said on here that the vast majority of the 29% is owned by members of the Exec board that have already voted this through, the vote of your average shareholder doesn't actually matter. 

Unless I'm understanding something wrong.

21 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

If the Society votes it down it can't get 75% and fails, if it votes it through you've got 71/75%, considering that it was said on here that the vast majority of the 29% is owned by members of the Exec board that have already voted this through, the vote of your average shareholder doesn't actually matter. 

Unless I'm understanding something wrong.

Technically/numerically? Aye.

Democratically/principals? f**k no. I want my vote counted.

Edited by StAndrew7

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

@StAndrew7 having just checked, the club have always said shareholders would be asked at the same time. So presumably this is the formal offer, in which case info will be needed Monday and your vote will definitely be counted, as will my 0.003(ish) percent!

Well between us we're making up 0.011% so we're definitely going to sock it to them.

I have one share in Motherwell FC that was issued from a conversion of preference shares that were issued many years ago - maybe decades!!! Can anybody remember when it was and what were the circumstances on which they were issued/converted? I think it was at the time of Jock Wallace but maybe not.

The Well Society vote is all that matters, no? It has 71% of the shares, and this vote is to decide what the well society votes for as an entity. So if the WS vote ends up 51-49 to bin the bid, then it's effectively 71% of all shareholders binning the bid.

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

The Well Society vote is all that matters, no? It has 71% of the shares, and this vote is to decide what the well society votes for as an entity. So if the WS vote ends up 51-49 to bin the bid, then it's effectively 71% of all shareholders binning the bid.

Correct - it's a binary thing with the WS - they either vote for or against with 71% of the holding. Other shareholders legally/ethically need to be asked too though

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

See my post above, numerically it is yes, but legally, ethically and because I want to say a massive "off you f**k" to them all personally, all votes count, now matter how insignificant.

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

Tickets for the premier sports games are on sale now. Unsure how many we will get for Montrose, but I suspect it might be one that is on a few fans list needing ticked off.

Has anyone else noticed the official site has our game v Clyde as being played on Saturday 21st and the Patrick Thistle game on Saturday 28th 

3 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Chose it himself, I'd guess... I usually pick 13 given the choice, too.

As an anti-triskaidekaphobic he may well have chosen it himself, but it's still an unfortunate juxtaposition between the recent article where Kettlewell said he had every confidence in him as a first choice keeper, and this:

image.png.7299f86334f81648fc8a66a24fc04732.png

6 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

#NumberPolis

So that's 26 (including Wilson, Wells, L.Ross and Ferrie.)

Gives us a "senior" group of 22 (including Miller) which is the number Caldwell spoke about in the interview he gave warning against Foreign investment.

Bair's almost certainly away (it appears Feeley said as much last night).

I got a giggle from whoever it was in the mentions of that Tweet that was "hoping for more new names" like, respectfully...we've signed 9 (NINE) new players already. It's pretty optimistic to be expecting many more.

Just now, Eliphas Pettigrew said:

Not sure you can read anything into squad numbers

Did Lamie & Maguire not have numbers 4 & 6 last season

Aye, I don't think Kettlewell cares about numbers at all. Probably just let's the players pick and doesn't bother moving players out of numbers they already have.