Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

48 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Wow! No posts in 10 hours!

Thats the quietest The Thread has been in 2 months!

I need to go find something else to read now! 😆

I feel this was a set up knowing an announcement was imminent 😆

23 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

There's no big car parks nearby, really. I've not been to Montrose for 10+ years; there's a sports centre which is about a 10 minute walk and there's some parking behind the main street but no idea of restrictions there. I think just finding a spot in and around the stadium on the street is probably the best bet. Montrose's website says to do that, but it's fairly limited so arrive with time to get there etc.

Just park in the streets around the ground there's usually plenty spaces.

"We believe that the Well Society’s recently published prospectus for growth, “Our Club, Our Future”, gives us a fresh opportunity to work together, in true partnership, with the club’s Chief Executive, Finance Director, and new Chair leading a new Club Board.

We have today reached out to Chief Executive, Brian Caldwell, to begin discussions on the next steps."

Presumably, the first thing up for discussion is how soon the outgoing Chairman is clearing out his desk

Just now, ropy said:

It’s a shame they aren’t counting the votes

I think they already knew what was coming. An overwhelming rejection. 

As for the divided fan base comment. I don’t see many fans divided on here. We could all clearly see what the Exec Board could not. That it was an awful deal for the football club. So many red flags and unacceptable elements. 

All in all a good day. No more waiting. 

Really pleased this nonsense has been binned, it was clear from the outset it was a takeover, not an investment. There's no reason fan-owned clubs can't thrive in our Scotland, so hopefully Motherwell stay that way.

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That statement blaming the fans for being divided is quite the reach. 

Get this board/chairman so far to f**k man. 

No idea what you're on about. Absolutely none of this is the Exec Board's fault. None of it whatsoever. Nothing to see here. They just did what they thought was right and made a proposal to shareholders.

🙄

Edited by StAndrew7

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

McMahon and Dickie to GTF please!

What’s the mechanics involved for this to happen ? No confidence motion from ws? Needs to happen asap. 

13 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That statement blaming the fans for being divided is quite the reach. 

Get this board/chairman so far to f**k man. 

Bitter and classless till the very end.