Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Swello said:

I don’t know what my favourite thing is today - the fact that we’ve made almost a full Barmark from selling a guy that had folk queuing up to laugh at us when we signed him or the idea that Jim and Co. *definitely* weren’t using the incoming shareholder votes as an exit poll for the the big WS vote before meekly calling a halt to the entire debacle while the vote was still taking place. 

Aye, you would need to be incredibly generous to say they've stopped it because of division...I don't think the weighted shareholder vote would have been massively in favour of the WS, If at all, but the number of votes cast - coupled with the utterly bizarre decision not to push their cause - would have indicated a landslide.

I would love someone at some point to quantify what this has cost us overall - the opportunity cost of it by the time you include hours worked and all fees must be approaching six figures...

I've always said I wouldn't have bothered - because of risk and resources. The WS took the risk and won, they need to capitalise on the thumping mandate and renewed enthusiasm for their concept now.

2 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

Some day to be a Well fan man.

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Mood will fair change at 2-0 down tonight.

100% this :lol:

5 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I was all for coming and congratulating the Well supporters on doing the right thing and kicking this pseudo takeover into touch.

What do I see?

Toast wafting and roasting cheese?

Feck me.

All the best any way lads you bunch of absolute deviants.

I live by the sea, whereby phone reception is absolute pish, especially indoors, and moreso, if buildings have metal in their structures. Hence, offline for a while.

I cook a fairly authentic Madjur Jaffrey pork vindaloo, though, sans tomatoes, and drier than Mother Theresa's genitals. However, I serve it with Mexican style tortillas.....

I trust this makes me a proper deviant, and not some random internet imposter.....

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did Theo set up his Well Society DD before he left? 

As a show of appreciation for the part the club has played in his sudden meteoric rise and subsequent new found riches, it's the Bair minimum he could do, Shirley?

Delighted for Theo Bair. Callum Davidson and Steven Maclean's blind spot on him is one for the ages really - height does not always mean target man, as he's managed to show at Motherwell. That and a bit of continuity and confidence building clearly did him the world of good. 

Did Theo cost us anything? St Johnstone must have paid up his contract and SK was reported as saying that he was on buttons with us.

This is a remarkable fee that can be used as a benchmark for any other club looking to prise away our assets.

Like how they genuinely did wait for the Barmack shite to be resolved before announcing Bairs away.

I'm glad we get our cut tbh.

Screenshot_20240716_164747_Chrome.thumb.jpg.39cd4a598e826db770097dd26c8d90ea.jpg

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

The fee just keeps going up...

What a deal if those figures are true 😄 That must put big Theo in, what, our top 5 sales in our history?

Hands up, I couldn't believe we handed him a 2 year deal last summer ... shows what I know! Best of luck to the big man.  

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

The fee just keeps going up...

French GIANTS

(who were promoted after winning the second tier last year)

(who show up somewhere behind a defunct Romanian team in the suggestions when you type "Auxerre" into Wikipedia:)

a.png.1e4ab31402c22e6ddb2d6c2676b99cb6.png

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like how they genuinely did wait for the Barmack shite to be resolved before announcing Bairs away.

I'm glad we get our cut tbh.

Screenshot_20240716_164747_Chrome.thumb.jpg.39cd4a598e826db770097dd26c8d90ea.jpg

Does this work for loan contracts i.e. would we get anything for a £4M Mika Biereth transfer? 

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

French GIANTS

(who were promoted after winning the second tier last year)

(who show up somewhere behind a defunct Romanian team in the suggestions when you type "Auxerre" into Wikipedia:

a.png.1e4ab31402c22e6ddb2d6c2676b99cb6.png

I'll not have a bad word said about Auxerre! My go to team on FM for years for reasons I can't quite remember and I've always kept an eye on them ever since. 

Had some right good players come through their academy - Cantona, Philippe Mexes, Djibril Cisse, Bacary Sagna, Benjani, Basile Boli, Boumsong ... all the stars! And of course had the legendary Guy Roux as manager for about 50 years