Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Delighted to get the Barmack deal over with, and on the same day as a brilliant piece of business with Bair. 

On the toast front, I like brown bread a bit burnt, white bread regular, and if you’re one of these pale fawn “warm bread” people you don’t deserve toast. 

Presumably if the Wild Sheep had won the day, Bair’s fee wouldn’t have been part of the 30% escrow thing as that business had been done before the vote closed.  Doesn’t matter now.

Feel it difficult to criticise the club and management just now. But one striker again with a one paced midfield.

Plenty to get behind with the squad but this is frustrating for me. Would love to see Moses & Robinson or Stuparevic. Rather than four centre mids again against a lower league side. 

Just now, wellboy1991 said:

Feel it difficult to criticise the club and management just now. But one striker again with a one paced midfield.

Plenty to get behind with the squad but this is frustrating for me. Would love to see Moses & Robinson or Stuparevic. Rather than four centre mids again against a lower league side. 

Tire them out for 60 minutes then put the second striker on.  That seems to be the plan.

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Tire them out for 60 minutes then put the second striker on.  That seems to be the plan.

Yip. Probably. Even Wells is an attack minded midfielder this seems like a team we would play away at Hearts or the Old Firm. 

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Agree with this. On the face of it I don’t think we need Halliday and Davor at the same time but maybe it’s a case of playing both and dominating possession until the other team tires.

It’s not pretty but it was very effective on Saturday- Edinburgh City were barely in our half far less near our goal.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably if the Wild Sheep had won the day, Bair’s fee wouldn’t have been part of the 30% escrow thing as that business had been done before the vote closed.  Doesn’t matter now.

After costs it would eaten into the £2m threshold. As transfers are cumulative under the HoT (not confirmed in the document but afterwards) we'd really be looking at needing a Miller and/or a few others to allow the buyback with minimal fuss and upset to WS funds.

It really is something that all the planets have aligned for us with Bair. Despite his opening day goal by the end of August most were content he was our 4th choice. Then the injuries meant he got an extended run and the continuity that comes from it. Fast forward to late December/January and Mika gets pulled, Wilkinson loses his bottle and boom, six months to earn us +£1.5m.

Glad no money has to be locked for two years in ESCROW and the manager can use a portion of what his acumen has earned the club to strengthen. Although some may have to go towards Davor's bereavement counselling. All of it can't go on players, there's some stadium maintenance that's a high priority I understand.

As @Handsome_Devil pointed out, continuing to push to transfer 49% of the club for £2m when you've got upwards of £1.2m (after costs) coming in to the balance sheet made continuing pretty much untenable before you examined the unfair details of the deal.

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

After costs it would eaten into the £2m threshold. As transfers are cumulative under the HoT (not confirmed in the document but afterwards) we'd really be looking at needing a Miller and/or a few others to allow the buyback with minimal fuss and upset to WS funds..

Agree with everything else but the HoT actually specified from Aug 31 so I took it as transfers this window wouldn't fall into that category.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Agree with everything else but the HoT actually specified from Aug 31 so I took it as transfers this window wouldn't fall into that category.

Ah yeah, mybad.

Mad that is if there was no desire to change the WS holding from 46 to 50.1% in the re-jig, the vote results would have been announced yesterday.

Bet there's a few people livid at that.

3 hours ago, Dan Electro said:

I live by the sea, whereby phone reception is absolute pish, especially indoors, and moreso, if buildings have metal in their structures. Hence, offline for a while.

I cook a fairly authentic Madjur Jaffrey pork vindaloo, though, sans tomatoes, and drier than Mother Theresa's genitals. However, I serve it with Mexican style tortillas.....

I trust this makes me a proper deviant, and not some random internet imposter.....

Do you toast though? 

I'm enjoying the Twitter situation of Laura Brannan claiming the Bair fee is entirely down to "social media marketing", and not the fact that a prolific, quick, 6'4, 24yo striker is very much an in demand commodity.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm enjoying the Twitter situation of Laura Brannan claiming the Bair fee is entirely down to "social media marketing", and not the fact that a prolific, quick, 6'4, 24yo striker is very much an in demand commodity.

Laura Brannan in 'shite take' shocker. Who'da thunk it?

12 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Do you toast though? 

I haven't owned a toaster for decades. Actually could live my life happily without 'western bread' until I die. Couldn't live without noodles, rice, flat bread, though. 

I guess we're all different.....

4 minutes ago, Dan Electro said:

I haven't owned a toaster for decades. Actually could live my life happily without 'western bread' until I die. Couldn't live without noodles, rice, flat bread, though. 

I guess we're all different.....

I'm not sure Motherwell is the club for you mate.