Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We don't have any wide midfielders. That would make a horrible team. I'd also be surprised if Stamatelopolous even features. He can't have done much/any training if the A league doesn't start back until October.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

We don't have any wide midfielders. That would make a horrible team. I'd also be surprised if Stamatelopolous even features. He can't have done much/any training if the A league doesn't start back until October.

Aside from the fitness stuff (which I agree with btw) Kettlewell was saying that we were waiting on international clearance and work permit for Stamatelopolous when he was doing his bit on Sky Sports the other day so I’d be surprised if the permit had gone through as quickly.

On 31/07/2024 at 19:07, ropy said:

What are we going to do with the goalie position?  Ox deserves a go but what is the arrangement with West Ham? I would be content with them each getting a run of 5 games then make a decision from there.

The Ox gets the nod, justifies the contract, I doubt that is how we will finish the season. 

That starting 11 is the stuff of nightmares. 

Despite making umpteen signings we're still going to suffer practically the same defence as last season and are significantly weaker in midfield and upfront. 

Serbian boy not even in the squad! 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

Two up is a positive for the season to come, shows some flexibility is there from 3-6-1.

But that side will struggle - not a particular criticism of any of them individually but we'll always struggle to be competitive without five or six starters.

Folks need to accept that until we have a fully fit squad to pick from, team selections are going to look odd/underwhelming and performances are likely to be stodgy.

Hopefully we can stay in the game long enough for the subs to make an impact from the bench as a few of them wont have more than 20/30 minutes in them.

The one that baffles me is Balmer. Im not aware of any injury so I would have thought he was a stick on to start in front of either Casey or Blaney.

Edit: also Stuparevic missing is odd as there was no mention of him being injured either.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Nicholson out for longer 

I think we defo need to go get another creative midfielder this window. Not bothered if its a loan or not, but we cant just try and muddle through the first quarter of the season.

45 minutes of 💩.

Dragging Miller down to their level. County rarely threatening but still our defence can't clear the ball properly. Is there too big a gap between defence and those in midfield? And the long balls forward are just naff.

Best chance (which should have tucked away) came from a County error.