Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I didn't see the game so no real comment from me but given my expectations from that XI, I'm ok with a solid-ish showing. But given the next two on paper look like losses, we need a big result v Killie or Aberdeen to keep the wheels on the bus prior to another six-pointer in Perth.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Might be early with this but still not convinced Moses isn’t a donkey and Robinson, the better player, will never score 

Fully agree on both counts. 

Moses has the first touch of an elephant and Robinson has zero composure when opportunities arise. Got to hope , Stama/AP/The Big Aussie (delete as applicable) has the midas touch once up to speed.

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

Anyone know what the Craic is for next week?

Is it behind closed doors? Not seen any ticket info at all, for either team.

The club are still waiting on the info from rangers. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Might be early with this but still not convinced Moses isn’t a donkey and Robinson, the better player, will never score 

We need to come to terms with our permanently signed strikers don’t turn good till Christmas.

We were the better team but it was ponderous and zero zip from midfield to attack.

One of the main benefits of playing wingbacks is the ability to counter attack at pace. Seen very little of that.

Another week at Dalziel Park means McGinn and Callachan come into the mix. Can only assume Balmer is injured or gorges on pie’s between training sessions.

This was very much a win at all costs game and yet again ambivalence.

Robinson and Moses just won’t do. Robinson in particular doesn’t look like he’ll finish any sort of chance he’s presented with.

Was quite impressed with Gordon and Wilson and thought Davor was the best of the midfielders. All the players we had last season were the average versions of themselves we’ve came to expect. Have to hope the injured/as not yet fit players can add a bit more.

Really should’ve won even although we were poor. 

Huge blow re Nicholson. 

Only hope with Robinson is thay Kettlewell can give him the Theo Bair treatment. He really should have finished that chance today.

Midfield has zero creativity but the worrying thing is I'm not seeing anyone waiting to come back in who offers that much more. 

First time seeing Oxborough in goals and although he didn't have much to do it was good to see that he doesn't seem to be the second coming of Aaron Chapman. 

20 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Did someone else not do a patella tendon a few years ago? Hadn’t heard of it before then and haven’t heard of it since. 

Hamstring injury for Stupa.

As @Jonnylosqualo says Jake Carroll had similar but Tanner had a ruptured patella tendon and a dislocated kneecap.

There's a video on YouTube is you want to check it out. It's age restricted (with good reason) but I've stuck it in the spoiler anyway.

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

Have been quite pleased with what I've seen of Ox so far . Is so satisfying seeing a keeper come and pluck a ball off the head of a tall striker again or come charging out for a through ball without stopping half way to it and backpedaling inviting a one on one.  I'm also convinced that the free kick he saved would have seen Kelly rooted to the spot looking to his left before shouting at his defence.