Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

2024 Martin Woods would be an incredibly Kettlewell signing.

:lol:

Aye.

I was being a bit of a dick there as I agree with your general point and also I'd guess that Jack is probably quite tight with the likes of Halliday (staunch) and has been in and around Scotland squads with SODs and McGinn etc.

In fact it'd actually be quite a SOD type of signing if it's a short term sort of thing he's been offered.

It's why I thought him mentioning he'd been training at Dalziel Park on his own was quite weird given we train there and he presumably knows a bunch of our senior squad members.

I’m a bit undecided about signing Jack. If he’s fit he’s a good player but f**k me, another injury prone midfielder we really don’t need.

Most important thing is a win today but f**k me that was tough going. Game changed once Halliday went off and Maswanhise came on. This allowed Miller to drop into his natural position and boy did it tell. Instead of sideways and backwards passing we played on the front foot. 

Davor going off before Halliday was a surprise. Thought he was doing ok but Halliday was so wasteful and mile off the pace. 

I am not sold on Gordon either but we can’t argue with a clean sheet. 

Good to see a decent reception for Watt with a few boos. 

I enjoyed that today, right up to when we scored.  The pressing we were doing in the second half was a joy to watch although a few more digs at goal would have gone down well.  The drop off after the goal added a bit of jeopardy and trepidation.

I am on holiday for the quarter final.  Unless it is a big Monday night TV match.

The cheer-ers trying to outdo the boo-ers when Watt came on was fun, a crowd divided.  Winning a throw-in in the 120th minute and Tony, Tony Watt resounding round the ground, a crowd United.

4 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’m a bit undecided about signing Jack. If he’s fit he’s a good player but f**k me, another injury prone midfielder we really don’t need.

Most important thing is a win today but f**k me that was tough going. Gameyezh. changed once Halliday went off and Maswanhise came on. This allowed Miller to drop into his natural position and boy did it tell. Instead of sideways and backwards passing we played on the front foot. 

Davor going off before Halliday was a surprise. Thought he was doing ok but Halliday was so wasteful and mile off the pace. 

Yeah. Was happy that Watt got a decent reception 

1 minute ago, wellboy1991 said:

Most important thing is a win today but f**k me that was tough going. Game changed once Halliday went off and Maswanhise came on. This allowed Miller to drop into his natural position and boy did it tell. Instead of sideways and backwards passing we played on the front foot. 

Strange how folk see things differently and there is no right or wrong, but I thought Gordon was pretty solid today and had several really important interventions.

On the game as a whole, I thought it was decent enough. Obviously some of the wasted opportunities and lack of cohesion in the final third were frustrating but I think there's room for optimism there when Watt gets up to speed and the injuries start to clear up. Maswanhise looks like he could be a useful addition too. My biggest gripe today was the amount of misplaced and under hit passes, causing both the breakdown of promising breaks and unnecessary pressure at the back. It seems to be a regular feature of our games and really needs cut out.

A decent, winnable home tie vs Utd, happy enough with that.

A six month deal for Jack would suit both parties, shop window for him and cover for our injuries.  We should have players back by the end of the year and either they or he can be punted.

We were comfortable and didnt really look like conceding , outside of the odd dodgy backpass. We didn't really look like scoring either.

I didn't think any of the combinations of our back 3 put a foot wrong today, and Gordon was solid. Mcginn was excellent.

Halliday may have to accept his legs can't do what his brain wants them to do anymore. He is composed on the ball, and can keep things moving, but he's frequently a yard short. His deliveries are good though, so he's not useless.

Robinson doesn't want to shoot anymore it seems. He definitely works hard, and has something about him, but he desperately needs a goal, and can't be a lone striker.