Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The bar for a club banning is much lower than a criminal prosecution.

May well be quite reasonable for the club to ban someone even if they're not being charged.

I can think of three people I know who were banned from Tynecastle at various times, and none of them were ever charged with anything. The one of them I know best had to go and apologise grovellingly for being a dick to a steward. Even after that, Hearts left him in a cooling off period.  And rightly so.

Yeah I get that. I didn't word that correctly I meant to say I think from their statement that was their main issue.

I know nothing of the youngsters situations but I doubt everyone is entirely innocent. I'd back Fred West afore Bob Park though.

10 minutes ago, Gawnupby said:

. Tomorrow I’ve seen they’re holding a food bank drive pre match, although unsure with the boycott if this is still going ahead or not. 

One of the guys that's involved in it all is saying over on FB that it is still going ahead.

57 minutes ago, Gawnupby said:

I might be wrong here but I’m sure his title is Head of Security (although he probably has far more influence in other areas than he should!) and he came in when Burrows was running the show. 

I think you're right and I could be misremembering, but I think when Burrows was still here he acted as a bit of a mediator when there were issues between Park and the young team, helping to find some middle ground any time issues arose.

He knew the value of the Bois and what they bring to the atmosphere on matchdays. They can be far from angelic at times for sure, but since 'Flow left there hasn't been that buffer between them and Boab's ego, giving him free reign to treat them according to the contempt he obviously has for them. Hopefully Caldwell can intervene to find a resolution. 

Very few of us actually know whether this boycott is warranted or an overreaction. One thing is for certain the Team and Stadium atmosphere is adversely affected by their absence.

If some of the Bois have overstepped the mark then they should be dealt with accordingly. Block E should accept and understand this is as no-one is above the law or expectations around what constitutes anti-social behaviour.

A challenge for the new CEO and Well Society to try and address and resolve. Hopefully they can ahead of the next home game. 

2 hours ago, Gawnupby said:

I might be wrong here but I’m sure his title is Head of Security (although he probably has far more influence in other areas than he should!) and he came in when Burrows was running the show. 

The guy is an absolute fud, he worked beside my wife years ago and he was universally disliked. He has been raging all week bitching to his colleagues that his brother missed out getting nominated to The Well Society board.

He was on LinkedIn last year bigging up his work on the John Hunter Stand, I was surprised such a project was put under his watch. He was responsible for blocking off the middle of the stand as well, I'm pretty sure it has been incident free for the 30+ years as it was. 

He defo seems to get a lot more responsibility and give more input than he should have. I can't mind any of the stories but I've heard a few recently, jollies away to do with the strips etc.

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Any particular story behind this, or just another case of Mr Park and Co. being dicks again?

Normally a good atmosphere vs Hearts, but this will make the home end a lot quieter.

Screenshot_20240824_105945_Messenger.thumb.jpg.bd4c7b4ac826bebdd9704a49c798e4d6.jpg

Maybe I just woke up with a new visual impairment today, but f**k trying to read that. They shouldn't talk about communication when they send out abominations like this. The duck tape bed sheets are easier to read.

Park is a miserable twat though.

4 hours ago, Gawnupby said:

Linkedin tells me 'Stadium Safety & Facilities Manager' so the role seems to be broader than just a Deputy Safety Officer, which he was before. So kind of makes sense he runs a project to rectify the East Stand. Especially with no CEO around to manage the issues that caused it. 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

He defo seems to get a lot more responsibility and give more input than he should have. I can't mind any of the stories but I've heard a few recently, jollies away to do with the strips etc.

Also heard this, him and Suzanne Reid.  Which is a complete slap on the face to those on the Well Society’s kit focus group when they went and done there own thing. 

Edited by Gawnupby

Not to distract from Bob Park being a known arsehole or historical offside decisions I notice that Jack Vale was an unused sub in Blackburn’s 2-1 win over Oxford and Kouassi wasn’t in the Blackpool squad for their 4-4 draw with Cambridge Utd.

Great news, no ear plugs required tomorrow. Grow up boys, We don't like Bobs attitude, so we're not playing ball. You either support the team or don't, end of.