Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Ex-Benfica (B) and international representation experience.  Take out Hibs and he has a good track record. Hibs will give him to us at the end of the season and we will sell him for €2M the following year.

Edited by ropy

"Stuart, did you get that midfielder that we needed?"

SK - "Even better than that! I got Jack Vale and a winger that's too shite for Hibs!"

Also SK "If you know me, you'll know that I prefer to build teams from the back"

https://youtu.be/11fCIGcCa9c?si=NQ4R5mXRtflAlB74

Edited by rowsdower

Tavares had a wee purple patch at one point last season, think it lasted about 3 games but otherwise he was fairly pish.

Hibs have been an absolute bin fire for the last 18 months so I’m going to assume it’s their fault he’s been rubbish and he’ll be class for us. 

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

Tavares had a wee purple patch at one point last season, think it lasted about 3 games but otherwise he was fairly pish.

Hibs have been an absolute bin fire for the last 18 months so I’m going to assume it’s their fault he’s been rubbish and he’ll be class for us. 

Exactly this. We'd have loved to see the Mark O'Hara that St. Mirren fans see, just like St. Johnstone would've loved to have seen the Theo Bair that we saw. 

I'm just not into us making more signings now number wise. I think signing Watt and Maswanisee (As well as a central midfielder) would have done us until players become fit again this season.

I've got a feeling that next summer we will end up with a number of guys contracted who couldn't get into the team this season, whilst many who could will no longer be at the club and we'll be operating transfers in a one in, one out basis. Like dejavu all over again.

38 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm sure either Johnson or Montgomery (both known geniuses) played him as more of an attacking midfielder than a winger? I'm fine with it on that basis as it's a pretty specific role we're asking people to do in this 5-2-3

Tbh, the Tavares curveball makes your shout about using Watt as a #9 sound a lot more likely eh?

Really not getting this Tavares deal and reasoning tbh.

Going to be overloaded in the front line. Players going to be missing out and an unbalanced squad. 

Has a feel of the squad SK inherited and the bloated wages being spent. Will be tough aswell with the loans as Tavares can’t play against Hibs and Watt against Utd so team will change. 

He played as an attacking midfielder against us, I'm sure, and just looked lost and lightweight to the point the game started just passing him by.

Not that being dreadful at McDiarmid seems to mean a f**king thing to you c***s.

I'm into #options up front. Thank f**k we can change it when teams close down our full backs and attacking midfielders to leave our striker(s) isolated now and don't just have to play Mugabi up front.

We might end up a bit top heavy but I'd rather that to being so light we struggle. 

McKinstry must be feeling sick at the moment.

Kettlewell now doesn't need to rush the injured players back and break them again. So as long as we can wheel and deal in January and Kettlesell a couple out the club we should be fine.

Edited by eliphas

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He played as an attacking midfielder against us, I'm sure, and just looked lost and lightweight to the point the game started just passing him by.

Not that being dreadful at McDiarmid seems to mean a f**king thing to you c***s.

Riku Tierney welcome back.

This will turn out to be the equivalent of thon Hearts misfit we had a couple of years ago that turned out not too bad. His name has absolutely gone from my mind though….Roberts?