Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Not sure why we need a 3rd kit, either way it's a lovely top

I know it's pedantic but I think due to the volume of claret on the home top we can't use that against Hearts and our tartan one would also clash due to how dark it is.

6 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

I know it's pedantic but I think due to the volume of claret on the home top we can't use that against Hearts and our tartan one would also clash due to how dark it is.

Have we not already played Hearts without an issue being made?

Nice design, I like the club badge and even if it was monochrome on this would get a thumbs up. I just don’t like the letters and never have.

It does feel like an afterthought being released in mid September with a motivation being extra money or the away isn’t distinct enough (can’t see the argument there as we traditionally only clash with Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee United). Club comms show we’re wearing the grey tartan tomorrow.

I object in principle to third kits and think a fan-owned club sticking it out there knowing kids will ask for it is a bit dubious...

But that minor gripe apart, I think it looks class... perhaps the collar would need a real life inspection to confirm the thumbs up.

31 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

The third top/ kit is stunning, simply stunning.

Absolutely agree. 

I normally buy the away top each year with the occasional home thrown in. But this year I was buying neither as did not rate at all. So I opted for the Hawaiian shirt which is awful and brilliant in equal measure.

But I will buy that. Love the collar, the cuffs, the band at the back and the raised MFC. Should have been our away top 🤷‍♂️.

8 hours ago, Neil86 said:

I think the list is based on Minutes and exposure to first team football as opposed to his numbers/ability.

Tbf there's a decent correlation between players who play lots of minutes while younger than 21, and players who make it to the top.

If you've played 100+ games by 21, which Miller comfortably should, then there's every chance you're a huge talent.

58 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Some laugh that our best kit this season is a random third kit that no one asked for but f**k me that's gorgeous (albeit it's basically a Roma shirt).

Honestly, can we just wear this all season?

Detail-3rd-1.jpg

Half close your eyes after a few pints at two in the morning and its Francesco Totti.

30 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Nice design, I like the club badge and even if it was monochrome on this would get a thumbs up. I just don’t like the letters and never have.

It does feel like an afterthought being released in mid September with a motivation being extra money or the away isn’t distinct enough (can’t see the argument there as we traditionally only clash with Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee United). Club comms show we’re wearing the grey tartan tomorrow.

It's the new kit tomorrow.