Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Davor needs yanked immediately.

SOD, Maswhanise and Robinson only one step above.

Add Halliday to the last. He is an utter passenger in a game like this. He can’t just stay on because he can cross a ball. Offers nothing else defensively or offensively other than set plays. Game is passing him bye completely. 

Can make a triple sub. Halliday, Davor and Robinson off for Watt, Vale and Sparrow. 

9 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

But you know he won’t…

Not having Watt available complicates matters but I've no doubt it won't be the same XI. Probably won't be the scale of changes some will call for though...Jair in on the wing as a straight swap and an attacker in for Davor would be my guess.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Not having Watt available complicates matters but I've no doubt it won't be the same XI. Probably won't be the scale of changes some will call for though...Jair in on the wing as a straight swap and an attacker in for Davor would be my guess.

It should make it easy. You have 1 striker that puts the ball in the net.

How many goals does Moses need to score to displace Robinson?

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It should make it easy. You have 1 striker that puts the ball in the net.

How many goals does Moses need to score to displace Robinson?

Mmmm. 

I don't think there's any way we'll start Moses up top alone.

After the efforts from the wingers today mind, I agree there's a strong case to start him and make the necessary tweak to two up.

22 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If he is keeping the same shape then Vale in for Halliday for me. Drop Miller back to centre mid. 

If he is happy to change shape then Moses in for Maswanhise and put Robinson and Moses as a two. Miller in the 10 behind. He won’t drop Halliday tho so we are stuck with him and Davor.

Vale, Jair, and Watt all played well when they came on, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't end up our main 3 outside of Utd and Hibs games. Robinson and maswanhise were way too passive. Maybe they'd benefit coming off the bench to a tired defense.

Moses is going to be our double figures guy this year.

Miller absolutely needs to be moved back one. We should be building the team around our best player, not shoehorning him into that attacking role. Wilson played well again, and Kaleta looked decent when he came on.

The defence wasnt terrible, but Aberdeen exploited SOD playong so high up the park, and had enough chances to put the game away in the first half. It's crazy that it took a great save from mitov in the last minute to deny us a point after all that.

Pet peeve - ref points at his watch and says he's adding more time while they were time wasting. Doesn't add more time.

Edited by rowsdower

14 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

put Robinson and Moses as a two.

What has Robinson done to deserve to stay in the team. He doesn't score he doesn't really hold the ball up, he hasn't been a threat in behind.

Moses

Maswanhise Halliday Miller Vale

I thought the whole point of signing Vale and Tavares was to allow Miller to drop back to his more effective position.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What has Robinson done to deserve to stay in the team. He doesn't score he doesn't really hold the ball up, he hasn't been a threat in behind.

Moses

I thought the whole point of signing Vale and Tavares was to allow Miller to drop back to his more effective position.

Nothing tbh. However Moses certainly cannot play as a lone striker either. He isn’t that type of striker. Until Stama is fit we have don’t have a choice as neither of them are lone strikers. But I think they would work as a 2. 

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Moses

Robinson was shite (on zero service) today but he's at least provided an outlet in previous games. 

Miller definitely needs shuffled deeper though, that should be the first mark on the tictac board and pick the rest from there.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Robinson was shite (on zero service) today but he's at least provided an outlet in previous games. 

Miller definitely needs shuffled deeper though, that should be the first mark on the tictac board and pick the rest from there.

Robinson is just one of those guys who doesn't read the game well and can't get involved. Very much like Conor Wilkinson. He had "zero service" because he doesn't have good movement and is easily taken out the game.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Robinson is just one of those guys who doesn't read the game well and can't get involved. Very much like Conor Wilkinson. He had "zero service" because he doesn't have good movement and is easily taken out the game.

I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's visibly contributed more in previous games and even been there to miss a couple.

Almost anyone would have struggled in the first hour chasing clearances against that giant they had while our only other attacker slept off his international duty on the wing.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's visibly contributed more in previous games and even been there to miss a couple.

Almost anyone would have struggled in the first hour chasing clearances against that giant they had while our only other attacker slept off his international duty on the wing.

Agree re the above. To me he does his best work out wide and would be a good foil for an another striker. Creating space for Moses to be there for the cross balls. However we only play a two when we are chasing a game. 

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Im also not sure he has the heart for it. He does a lot of running about but seems to stop when he gets near the ball / opposition. His body language confuses me.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im also not sure he has the heart for it. He does a lot of running about but seems to stop when he gets near the ball / opposition. His body language confuses me.

I also imagine his confidence is through the floor tbf...he needs the classic one in off his arse.