Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Not sure if mentioned already, think it may have been touched on in the Barmack saga, but BBC Sportscotland page saying Motherwell,Killie, St Mirren etc to get £1.6m each in CL solidarity payments.

That's a decent wedge.

Think IIRC that there are clauses where it has to go to Academy infrastructure etc, but still

Edited by Richie

18 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Was Morton last season a Friday night? 

I’ll have the fear until I get a couple of pints in me after work. 

I wonder how many if any tweaks we’ll have to the starting line up. 

Yes, a Friday night and I was on a boat scrambling for updates, guess where I will be tonight.

19 minutes ago, Richie said:

Not sure if mentioned already, think it may have been touched on in the Barmack saga, but BBC Sportscotland page saying Motherwell,Killie, St Mirren etc to get £1.6m each in CL solidarity payments.

That's a decent wedge.

Think IIRC that there are clauses where it has to go to Academy infrastructure etc, but still

Yeah it was and not surprisingly talked down as a thing in club press releases. Same as how Lennon Miller couldn't be counted on to bring the club money as “he could get injured tomorrow” and “player sales are not guaranteed”. Oh and Theo Bair didn’t have bids tabled at the same time the details were released to the WS membership of Erik’s offer. You know …. to suit narratives.

Almost 8,000 tickets shifted so far. When we met United in the Quarter Finals in the LC at Fir Park well over a decade ago now I think the gate was like 4000 odd but funnily enough when Francis Jeffers tore them a new arsehole in the same season 8000+ showed for the Scottish Cup replay. I love a match under the lights, hopefully a great atmosphere tonight followed by a win. 

29 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

Almost 8,000 tickets shifted so far. When we met United in the Quarter Finals in the LC at Fir Park well over a decade ago now I think the gate was like 4000 odd but funnily enough when Francis Jeffers tore them a new arsehole in the same season 8000+ showed for the Scottish Cup replay. I love a match under the lights, hopefully a great atmosphere tonight followed by a win. 

Yeah, one to pick over in terms of marketing whatever the result in the weeks to come.

Not without risk ofc but no product relying on our players isn't!

48 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

considering it can hold 13.5k, Fir Park feels really busy with 8000-odd in - nice to have that to look forward to. I think £20 counts as sensible pricing these days, so well done to the clubs for doing that. 

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

I hope they're not putting the utd fans in the top tier. Wouldn't be the same cup atmosphere if they are.

I'm sure they are. It's a lot of shite. I hated it when Craig Brown did it and I hate it now.

14 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I hope they're not putting the utd fans in the top tier. Wouldn't be the same cup atmosphere if they are.

Considering they've bought 1700+ tickets last time I saw I rather assume it will be both. (But I could be wrong - I usually am.)

9 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Considering they've bought 1700+ tickets last time I saw I rather assume it will be both. (But I could be wrong - I usually am.)

Upper tier nearly sold out entirely, half of the middle block in the lower tier has been opened like it was Vs Hearts