Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I mean, kind of! But they don't have a holding player because they don't need one of note domestically. Hence why they get absolutely leathered in Europe.

That's true. In addition though they also hamstring themselves by Rogers ego insisting on them going toe to toe and playing the Celtic way. Motherwell set up differently depending on their opponents - surely Celtic can do the same.

40 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not sure if this is an original observation or not but the problem with Tom English is that he's a reasonably smart guy who hangs about with Sportsound pundits all day and therefore thinks he's a genius by comparison. 

Like the old tale about a seagull amongst crows who thinks he's an eagle.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not sure if this is an original observation or not but the problem with Tom English is that he's a reasonably smart guy who hangs about with Sportsound pundits all day and therefore thinks he's a genius by comparison. 

I call this Pat Nevin Syndrome 

28 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

General sale has started a day early apparently for non season ticket holders for the semi final. Only seats left together in G4 and 5.

Yeah, this is what the current avilable seats looks like. I bet we get another section that has been reserved incase we sell out 

Screenshot_20241014_095538_Chrome.thumb.jpg.69fb95a2c5feadb09a5264268eb689ef.jpg

13 minutes ago, Al B said:

They must be releasing them in sections, I've just bought a couple together in this bit which weren't showing as available in the post above.

Hampden.jpg.c08b9ed4c73c00b8c27c884eb5061a3a.jpg

Light blue means they are in someone's basket I believe. Dark blue means they are avilable.

But yeah, they might be releasing some at a time. Probably partner the agreement on what seats can be sold first etc.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Light blue means they are in someone's basket I believe. Dark blue means they are avilable.

But yeah, they might be releasing some at a time. Probably partner the agreement on what seats can be sold first etc.

Yeah the 2 that I just bought, along with that whole 4/5 row group in my later screenshot, are completely greyed out in your earlier one so it looks like they are releasing them maybe 5 rows at a time.

Edited by Al B

3 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, this is what the current avilable seats looks like. I bet we get another section that has been reserved incase we sell out 

Screenshot_20241014_095538_Chrome.thumb.jpg.69fb95a2c5feadb09a5264268eb689ef.jpg

Looks like we've almost sold out 7 sections (J1, 16, 15, 14, G7, G6 and G5). We're releasing seats in sections 13 and G4 a few rows at a time. Tickets are going rapidly since they went on general sale today. I reckon we'll have more or less sold out 9 sections (about 9,000 tickets) by later this week. It looks like we'll also be allocated sections 12, G1, G2 and G3 which gets us up towards our maximum allocation of 14,000. Hopefully we won't be far off selling out our allocation.

Edited by kendog

Just checked again and it seems some g4 seat at the back and the front rows of I3.

Screenshot_20241014_134949_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b8bef789631408efa44e433ee18277dc.jpg

Well, it seems we will be bringing a decent crowd which was something I was worrying about after the pricing details and who we had been drawn against.

Edited by Phillips455

26 minutes ago, kendog said:

Looks like we've almost sold out 7 sections (J1, 16, 15, 14, G7, G6 and G5). We're releasing seats in sections 13 and G4 a few rows at a time. Tickets are going rapidly since they went on general sale today. I reckon we'll have more or less sold out 9 sections (about 9,000 tickets) by later this week. It looks like we'll also be allocated sections 12, G1, G2 and G3 which gets us up towards our maximum allocation of 14,000. Hopefully we won't be far off selling out our allocation.

That was in the ticket office, the white parts will be the 7.5k-14,000 I assume.IMG_20241014_134619.thumb.jpg.6f1248c7bc1328a51662b677960eebb5.jpg

Edited by camer0n_mcd

47 minutes ago, kendog said:

If we have sold or do sell 9,000 tickets it'll be a brilliant effort but I'll eat my metaphorical hat if we hit 14,000 - I don't think we've ever been anywhere near that for a semi.

There's clearly a wee buzz atm - history says it won't last but let's hope the club (and Society) can strike in various ways when the iron isn't as cold as usual!

18 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If we have sold or do sell 9,000 tickets it'll be a brilliant effort but I'll eat my metaphorical hat if we hit 14,000 - I don't think we've ever been anywhere near that for a semi.

There's clearly a wee buzz atm - history says it won't last but let's hope the club (and Society) can strike in various ways when the iron isn't as cold as usual!

Was just going to say the same as the above. My friends and I bought half a dozen tickets at the back of G4. They have been releasing 5 or so rows at a time. Frustrating but I guess the right strategy so they don’t have big gaps in certain sections. But means we have been waiting several days for back rows of G4 to be made available for sale. 

If we can sell anything near 8000 tickets that is effectively double our average home gate. Which as stated above would be good going for a semi final. Naturally it will be criticised by the Blue noses and other teams but I would not expect us to shift many more.

24 minutes ago, welldaft said:

If we can sell anything near 8000 tickets that is effectively double our average home gate. Which as stated above would be good going for a semi final. Naturally it will be criticised by the Blue noses and other teams but I would not expect us to shift many more.

Aye, that's basically anyone who would consider themselves even an occasional match-going Motherwell fan in the local area plus probably a few travelling a decent chunk who might not be regulars.

It's only finals that bring out the real hangers-on of family and friends going for the novelty and spark dashes to airline websites for those living much further afield.