Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 hours ago, Theo Snelders said:

Any more news on Carl McHugh?

Genuinely interested to know if the lad's OK- sounds like a very bad injury.

Link

Still 'very concerned', so doesn't look like there's been any improvement. Which is really worrying considering it'll have happened 11 weeks ago tomorrow. 

In more positive news McDonald's back in training and Hammell could be back for the game on Wednesday as well. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Link

Still 'very concerned', so doesn't look like there's been any improvement. Which is really worrying considering it'll have happened 11 weeks ago tomorrow. 

In more positive news McDonald's back in training and Hammell could be back for the game on Wednesday as well. 

Thanks for the reply, hope he's going to be OK

Perfect time to announce that IMO. 6 pointer against fellow struggles tomorrow having been scudded 3-0 by ICT and dropped to 2nd bottom of the league. What could possibly go wrong? The fanbase are so warm and fuzzy towards the Well Society too.

Tbh, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter what the Society does/doesn't do as a body but rather how the club itself is run and that's specific to Alan Burrows who I've a fair degree of faith in and the current board of directors who I don't really know that much about though Jim McMahon seems to have his head reasonably screwed on.

There's that weird idea that seems to float around re: fan ownership that they're just going to lift randoms from the East stand and get them to run the club (acknowledging that Flow is a fan from the East stand but you know what I mean). From what we've been told the budgets were restructured last summer and from Les Hutchison's interview in the Mail ages ago a cash neutral position was achievable. If that's the case then the sole function of the WS should essentially be to act as a bank.

Ach, we'll see how it goes I suppose. The only period in my lifetime that he club has been owned by someone with "deep pockets" (not including Hutchison which was always a temporary thing) we ended up in administration so that's something I suppose.

There's that weird idea that seems to float around re: fan ownership that they're just going to lift randoms from the East stand and get them to run the club

McGhee executed on the pitch as half time entertainment and Dom Thomas installed as Player/Manager/Chairman for life IMO.

I'll concede I hadn't read the statement when I posted earlier so I missed this bit:

"An important element in the agreement is that loan repayments for the first three years will be made from a percentage of player transfer income only.

This means that the club will not be burdened with loan repayments from regular income during this period, but will still benefit from player transfers by receiving a percentage of transfer fee income. After the initial three year period, outstanding loans will be repaid on a fixed payment schedule. All of these factors protect the financial security of the club."

So for the next 3 years the loan repayments come out of a % of transfer fees.

I'm sure the question was asked when they were sorting it out but...what if we don't sell anyone? Do the loans just get deferred?

Obviously having 3 years to further stabilise the general budget is *a good thing* and you'd think we'd see some sort of fee for Cadden one way or another but it still seems a bit of an odd clause.

In the past 3 years we've seen income from Ojamaa, Anier, Erwin, Hall, Pearson, Johnson and (I think) Leitch so there's at least a track record of fees in but it seems weird to guarantee a loan over a term based on a variable income that's neither guaranteed nor fixed.

Edit: Having thought about it I'm guessing the above is the compromise between parties given the handover was originally planned for 2019 but Hutchison has (for whatever reason) stepped out early.

Yip, was a huge fan of Higdon in his time at Fir Park, in fact the best accolade that I can give him is that when he played against us I was always genuinely shit-feart that he'd rag doll our defenders.

Agree with Desp, as well, probably my favourite striker for us since Tommy Coyne, which is quite a feat considering some of the strikers that have played well for us in that time