Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Realistically? I imagine he is. If memory serves me right, I think he was the first source we had that said Turnbull had agreed to go to Celtic and was first to claim Norwich had come in for him as well. He was also definitely the one who broke the Kipré to Wigan story and may have been the one to tell us of Moult to Preston. Based on that recent track record and the fact Motherwell are rarely covered I’d assume he’s got at least some idea of what’s going on. Obviously could be mistaken 

Aye probably was him I’m sure he broke the news of us signing Aldred as well. Seems to be pretty spot on with most things. His short and simple answers are very annoying 😂.

Alan Nixon is really bad for totally scattergunning exclusives through retweets and comments, and then just blocking anyway who asks, even politely, what happened in deals he claimed were done when it doesnt happen.

He seems to get a lot right but he gets lots wrong aswell.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Nixon is really bad for totally scattergunning exclusives through retweets and comments, and then just blocking anyway who asks, even politely, what happened in deals he claimed were done when it doesnt happen.

Aye that's what I thought. He's often correct but no more so than anyone else.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does he post on here?

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean I know were very much 'brand' aware but is it not possible that it's just an old creative?

Given we've got previous for copying/parodying bigger clubs' advertising campaigns etc is it a weird and very dated homage to Man City's Tevez announcement? Exact same font as far as I can tell.

NINTCHDBPICT000379538731.thumb.jpg.bcff54e0143b1200ccf708a1ee58f03d.jpg

Tbh I agree that there doesn't necessarily have to be anything in it.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

BBC website stating that forthcoming Europa league qualifying ties for 2020-21 season will be played behind closed doors. 

If true I am raging.. 

No doubt will be reversed when the big teams get involved. 

How can these chumps decide that if local Gov allow fans back to stadiums. 

I get there is a global crisis going on and lots of pain but 6 years to qualify and I was hopeful we would get to travel or go to possibly one game if we got through a round or two. 

Plus a HUGE chunk of income down the pan. 

At least the UEFA Execs will still earn mega bucks.

16 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do sort of get the impression he's trying to cover his arse after saying it was basically good as done the other day.

Yes it’s gone from up for a medical to hanging in the air, bit of a difference.

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Given we've got previous for copying/parodying bigger clubs' advertising campaigns etc is it a weird and very dated homage to Man City's Tevez announcement?

Tbh I agree that there doesn't necessarily have to be anything in it.

Oh I totally got the reference but aye, it doesn't necessarily mean he's re-signing. It's a nice graphic though.

25 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do sort of get the impression he's trying to cover his arse after saying it was basically good as done the other day.

Aye, that said he was saying the kid Jensen deal would be done yesterday/Tuesday as well so he's 0 for 2 as it stands.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

BBC website stating that forthcoming Europa league qualifying ties for 2020-21 season will be played behind closed doors. 

If true I am raging.. 

No doubt will be reversed when the big teams get involved. 

How can these chumps decide that if local Gov allow fans back to stadiums. 

I get there is a global crisis going on and lots of pain but 6 years to qualify and I was hopeful we would get to travel or go to possibly one game if we got through a round or two. 

Plus a HUGE chunk of income down the pan. 

At least the UEFA Execs will still earn mega bucks.

Very gutting.

I am a bit gutted at Long.

I am assuming that means the Lang deal is dead. Long is a decent player but I get the feeling a lot of Motherwell fans thought a lot more of him than I did.

I guess his move to a massive club never materialised hence he's came back to sign the offer we've had on the table for the last few months.

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am assuming that means the Lang deal is dead. Long is a decent player but I get the feeling a lot of Motherwell fans thought a lot more of him than I did.

I guess his move to a massive club never materialised hence he's came back to sign the offer we've had on the table for the last few months.

I wonder if the deal is still on the same terms or will we invoke the 'Tait' clause?

25 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If true then I am happy that Long is staying. I think he is a superb player and some of his finished last year were excellent. If he can get his sh1t together then he could really kick on next season. But this is all based on a billboard outside a pub.  Must be true...