Stranraer FC 2016/17

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to see Stranraer win the league next season. They play some really good football at times (just lacking in the final third) They will probably feel agrieved that they haven't went up this season as over the two games v Ayr, they were the better team

A lot of the attractive football is down to the flair of Andy Stirling who appears to be on the move. Players of his quality only really come along every five or ten years. Be very lucky to find a replacement who's just as good.

I would really like to see Stranraer win the league next season. They play some really good football at times (just lacking in the final third) They will probably feel agrieved that they haven't went up this season as over the two games v Ayr, they were the better team

They were robbed of a penalty first game but after seeing what happened yesterday it probably wouldn't have made any difference. They were by far the better team though. A hard one to take.

Hard luck yesterday - better team lost.

in the past we've been quoted as being interested in McGuigan and Longworth - any rumours If either is staying at Stranraer ? or moving on ? 

cheers. Tee. 

I would not be shocked to see Longworth moving on but fancy it could be to East Kilbride. McGuigan is a bit tougher. He spent the first half of the year on the right wing and was decent enough but he has been much better through the middle. I would like to think he has convinced Reid that he is better there and similarly convinced him he is worth a new deal.

Last season there would have been a lot of disappointment had Longworth gone. While he's been a good servant to the club, don't think there will be any great disappointment if he's released this year. The stats for the two games against Ayr show our main problem - lack of a consistent goal scorer.

Last season there would have been a lot of disappointment had Longworth gone. While he's been a good servant to the club, don't think there will be any great disappointment if he's released this year. The stats for the two games against Ayr show our main problem - lack of a consistent goal scorer.

We had the same problem, Scott Linton is our top goal scorer with 12/13 I think

Players re-signed so far:

Max Currie

Scott Robertson

Steven Bell

Sam McCloskey

Willie Gibson

Calvin Kemp

Kyle Turner

Ryan Thomson

New signings:

Scott Agnew

Smarticus Osadolor

You can take the 'icus' out of his name, think 'Smarticus' is just a Twitter handle.

You can take the 'icus' out of his name, think 'Smarticus' is just a Twitter handle.

I hope it isn't. Smarticus is an extremely cool name. Scottish football needs a strong Smarticus Osalodor.

Archived