Ayr United, What now 2016/17

9 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

1 game played and all you doom merchants are moaning and practically have us relegated!!! Get a grip its one game!!! And it wasn't McCalls choice to stay part time he just went along with it....fact is we ain't got the dough....give it time it's best championship in its history probably need to just get behind team and hope that we can stay up...we need to be positive and get behind team ....

It was McCalls choice, he and Cameron said as much on the tv after the Stranraer game.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was McCalls choice, he and Cameron said as much on the tv after the Stranraer game.

I think the Chairman said that during the elation of winning the play off and almost certainly would have thought better of it the next day. Someone please tell me how we could possibly fund 18/20 players on full time contracts. I know other teams of a similar standing to Ayr manage it but we are always pleading poverty even as a part time club.

It was never on the menu as far as im concerned.

10 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Where are you getting the updates?

Academy twitter live tweets the games.  Reads like he is playing well and scored a good goal. 

d4c825692d66c9946b92831883f8f50c.jpg

39 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going by the updates he seems to be doing well anyway....,

Got to wonder why he doesn't seem to have played any football though.

He played with Blackpool. 

Harkins must have a great agent if he can negotiate another pay off from a club and have another one lined up.

Got a 2 year deal at Saints with another year as an option, 'played' for 6 months, looked totally uninterested then got sent out on loan on January, he then returned at the end of the season, was obviously not interested in playing for us, he gets a pay off and signs for Dundee the next day.

If it was a choice between Stevenson and Harkins I'd have Stevenson every time. I don't think Harkins has the heart or fight to play for a club that might be battling relegation. He is also a player that thrives being the main man at a club so it could pay off but it's a risky one. He is definitely talented enough.

Oft. That's the biggest lot of shite I've seen.

Harkins has plenty of fight in him and he's been a brilliant player for us over the years. I'm surprised another top flight team haven't came in for him tbh.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Oft. That's the biggest lot of shite I've seen.

Harkins has plenty of fight in him and he's been a brilliant player for us over the years. I'm surprised another top flight team haven't came in for him tbh.

Fair do's I'm just going by his brief spell with us.

I have seen him rip us to shreds a few times over the years but for whatever reason he didn't turn it on for us. He could thrive at Ayr if he was the main man and they built their team around him. 

To be fair he was 14 when he left Man U and 16 at Wigan so was hardly going to get near the 1st team.

Been without a club for over a year so it's either going to be a case of he's knuckled down and will do well as he is seeing it as his last chance to make it, or it will all end in disaster with him thinking he is much better than he actually is

Archived