Ayr United, What now 2016/17

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Surely we have enough strikers no?

I wouldn't say no to a winger but the position seems to have gone right out of fashion.

Rather than a winger then a wide midfielder who can keep Donald out the team. As for strikers Moore is the only one who can definitely play at this level when not on a treatment table. Another two are speculative punts who could go either way. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wont Harkins be the 'marquee' signing on the biggest wedge?

Another 2 of a similar quality to Harkins seems fairly unrealistic.

It's only unrealistic if you're unambitious, they don't need to be ex SPL players or super dupers at the moment they just need to be as valuable to Ayr as Harkins will be going forward.

Fantastic signing for us, I'm not bothered that we have a load of midfielders already!

Cairney hasn't looked up to much so far so maybe this will be the kick up the arse he needs to shed some weight.

Adams/Doc play in a much deeper role than I imagine Harkins will be playing.

Whats the latest with Blackett?

8 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Fantastic signing for us, I'm not bothered that we have a load of midfielders already!

Cairney hasn't looked up to much so far so maybe this will be the kick up the arse he needs to shed some weight.

Adams/Doc play in a much deeper role than I imagine Harkins will be playing.

Whats the latest with Blackett?

Know a couple of boys who said Blackett was miles behind our young boy Johnston in a bounce match.

Also read a statement from McCall somewhere where he said "I am doing the boy a favour, but he isn't doing himself any"

Doesn't sound like he will be getting signed

Don't be too harsh on him tomorrow Ayr fans as he'll be completely outshone by The Master Dobbie. On too of that he rarely shows up against us :P

Should be a decent enough signing if he can be bothered.

No offence to Ayr but I'd have guessed yourselves and Dumbarton being the last clubs in the division he'd sign for.

I take it he is full time with you and do you have other full-time players, he doesn't appear to be the most motivated player hence my query if he is solo In being full time. It's obvious his time was up at Dundee, more so that they've lost Hemmings and Stewart and didn't want to hold on to him, time will tell, tho McCall can be astute with signings even more so with former players

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

No offence to Ayr but I'd have guessed yourselves and Dumbarton being the last clubs in the division he'd sign for.

I take it he is full time with you and do you have other full-time players, he doesn't appear to be the most motivated player hence my query if he is solo In being full time. It's obvious his time was up at Dundee, more so that they've lost Hemmings and Stewart and didn't want to hold on to him, time will tell, tho McCall can be astute with signings even more so with former players

Part time player part time coach. 

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Ayr have 3-4 players on full time deals in the sense that they coach locally full time but train as part time players

Ayr have 3-4 players on full time deals in the sense that they coach locally full time but train as part time players

I think those players work for the Academy and will be paid by the Academy for coaching in their community programme.

Fat w**k.

I know you are but what about me.

Oh you meant Gary? He may have a few issues but what he lacks in aerodynamics he makes up for with god-given ability (or whatever source us atheists believe ability comes from).

Good day sir.

Archived