Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

15 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Got Fight Pass so I'm hoping I will be able to get tickets tomorrow. Heard some not so good stories about the site they use and its reliability though. 

Well I managed to get 4 but going by Matchrooms Twitter feed I got lucky. Loads of people saying the site froze at 12 o clock and wouldn't let them in. Was sold out for 12.02. 

20 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Well I managed to get 4 but going by Matchrooms Twitter feed I got lucky. Loads of people saying the site froze at 12 o clock and wouldn't let them in. Was sold out for 12.02. 

Ridiculous that you have people paying for fight pass not managing to get a ticket but 8000 are on sale tomorrow.

Brook looks like a child standing next to GGG, that fights gonna go exactly the same as Canelo-Khan. Hearing GGG's team try to justify it leaves a bad taste

Justify what ? He's fighting a welterweight champion because all the middleweights shitebags. It's as simple as that.

7 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Justify what ? He's fighting a welterweight champion because all the middleweights shitebags. It's as simple as that.

Every single middleweight? What about 154, Charlos, Andrade, even Lara keeps calling him out? I'm a GGG fan and I get why this fight was made business wise but there's no way it's a competitive fight

I can see why he's not taking on a 168.  If he batters a gatekeeper let alone Ramirez who's been calling him out then it makes it even tougher for him to get the likes of Billy Ho Saunders after that. 

Lara's been calling him out for two years now, nobody would mind a 155-159 catchweight fight with him while Golovkin tries to sort out a decent fight at 160.  There's obviously US network issues there but it'd be a great fight, Monroe Jr gave Golovkin issues so would be good to see him in with someone even slicker.

The Eubanks sound as though they were being completely unreasonable with the Golovkin negotiations, probably to price themselves out of the fight, but none of us know how hard K2 have been trying to make the other fights it's too easy to say that nobody wants to fight him.

People keep apologising for this match up saying that Brook's a big 147 and there's not a big size difference etc.  That's not how boxing works in situations like this.  Brook hasn't faced a particularly big puncher in his career at 147 let alone the biggest by quite a distance at 160.