Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Looking forward to seeing Mikey back, I said on here ages ago that i wanted to see him come back at 140 and eventually fight Crawford, unfortunately that doesn't look like it'll happen now with the way he left Arum, Crawford will probably be at 147 this time next year as well.

It's not a great card tonight but it is a Friday night on Spike TV.

Marshmallo, you're very dismissive of aspects of boxing that you don't know. I see this kind of thing in the hip hop thread on here as well.  When I post in a thread on P&B where others have more knowledge than myself I generally look for their advice so that I can learn a bit more about whatever the subject is.

It's just my gimmick on this thread, don't work yourself into a shoot.

Stevenson wins by early KO I'd imagine, continues to make noises about wanting Kovalev with no intention of getting in the ring with him.

I see George Jupp is back, coming off a world title shot to face a guy who is 2-28. Good fight imo.

Hyland fails to make the weight for the fight with Warrington by almost two & a half pounds!

Two hours they gave him & that was as close as he got.

He's bound to have known he was never going to make it for a good while?

I don't have a problem with people who only watch Matchroom shows, or a certain fighter which obviously the best example is Anthony Joshua. It's the ones that decide they're experts based on watching only that. I'll never declare myself an expert or a hardcore, but I do watch a lot of shows, and I'll never comment on a fighter if I haven't watched him.

I go out of my way not to watch Matchroom cards. Hate the monopoly he has on sky. It's an utter joke.

2 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I go out of my way not to watch Matchroom cards. Hate the monopoly he has on sky. It's an utter joke.

As opposed to the monopoly Warren had when he was on it?

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus Meridius said:

What's your beef with Frampton? And about 3-4ish

Was down in Manchester to watch his last fight and was in shock that I walked straight into a Bigot fest which he stokes the flames of :thumbsdown

7 hours ago, dr lector said:

Was down in Manchester to watch his last fight and was in shock that I walked straight into a Bigot fest which he stokes the flames of :thumbsdown

Framptons always very vocal about how good his supporters are and how much he appreciates them. Couldn't disagree more when u say he "stokes the flames of a bigot fest" for somebody who married a catholic it would reek of hypocrisy ! On another note I hope the jackal does it but I think lsc will just edge it on points , maybe via split decision. Should be a cracker !

Still don't know whether to have a bet tonight. Think LSC should win on points due to his size and the fact he throws so many punches makes it hard to counter. Frampton is a back foot fighter but it's hard to make someone miss when they're throwing in 3s and 4s. He will catch LSC with the right hand and left hook throughout but I just think that LSCs height and reach advantage is going to allow him to throw punches from distance making it even harder for Franpton to counter him as he will need to step in.
But Barry and Shane McGuigan are smart and I don't see why they would be so keen on this fight unless they felt they'd a god reason how Carl could beat him.
I think it will be tight and Frampton will have early success on the counter and move but LSC will catch up with him as the fight goes on.