Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

For all Khan's faults, like Danny Garcia he at least ran the gauntlet at one point in his career.  If Brook ducks Spence he's at Alvarez level for me.  Having said that at least Alvarez took fights that he wasn't supposed to like Trout and Lara.  Brook's just been a bit of a c**t almost the whole way throughout his career.

Edited by Kool Keith

Saw Berchelt fight the Thai with 2 names last year.  Thought he moved quite nicely, particularly laterally and can hit a bit but didn't think his shots looked as fast or powerful as Vargas.  This is his first fight outside of Mexico and with Vargas' experience he should win fairly easily if he can deal with Berchelt's movement.  I'll go for Vargas stoppage.  Good fight though, I know a lot of people thought Vargas - Salido was FOTY last year but I found it got a bit repetitive at times, this should be different.

Not a huge fan of Miura, he's very square and flat footed but he has a lot of power. Roman is tough so thought about Miura decision victory but Roman will be stood in front of him all fight swinging wildly which makes me think the KO will be there for Miura.  He should win easily either way and again it's Roman's first fight outside of Mexico.

Lot of interesting fights this weekend, I see Sadam Ali's been fed another fluffy on that HBO card to get him back on track after the Vargas fight.  What a difference one bad performance can make, he was being tipped for big things before that loss.

Showtime card is excellent again this week, I'll watch every fight, Ivan Redkach as the 7th fight is more than a decent way to open the card.

Edited by Kool Keith

21 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

Showtime card is excellent again this week, I'll watch every fight, Ivan Redkach as the 7th fight is more than a decent way to open the card.

Jealous as f**k of everyone going out to see it, will be struggling to find a better card top to bottom all year. And that's without PPV

19 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The more I think of Vargas/Berchelt the more I can see Vargas getting stopped after those 2 brutal wars

Huge step up for Berchelt and he's fighting out of Mexico too so I reckon Vargas' experience should see him winning fairly comfortably and Mexicans like him live for wars he'll have more than a few left in him imo.  Good clash of styles though, Berchelt's got the classic boxer/puncher style so he'll hopefully use his feet and we'll get to see an interesting fight.   Definitely not out of the question that he can win.

Edited by Kool Keith

Well done Taylor, shame he couldn't keep his 100% KO record but it might do him good to forget about that from now on as he seemed to be loading up looking for the KO quite a lot there. 

Came onto say just that.

He can forget about that record now and just concentrate on boxing as a lot of his work looked untidy tonight with him loading up. But good experience against a tough awkward opponent.

2 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Came onto say just that.

He can forget about that record now and just concentrate on boxing as a lot of his work looked untidy tonight with him loading up. But good experience against a tough awkward opponent.

It was a wide win for him there but it wasn't anywhere near his best. Didn't seem to be able to make the angles that he usually does, his footwork usually allows him to step outside and throw shots from all angles but apart from a couple of times he never really done that tonight. Still a good win against an awkward opponent. 

Post fight drinks in the 9 Fine Irishman bar earlier today, Frampton didn't come downstairs, but looked pretty bruised up. Josh Taylor came down though for a wee chat and a beer, nice lad, hope he goes a long way. He didn't think that Santa Cruz will come to Belfast though, a rubber match would have to be in London (if he was going to travel), most likely back in the U.S. Great few days despite the result, but think we all agreed it was a fair one. Looking forward to watching a re-run of the Garcia fight, just glad the lad came round and managed to get back up ok.

Frampton's lost this I think.bshould have fought on the back foot and countered LSC's volume but instead went to him and alllowed LSC to pick him off and lose inside.

All said the same, I had Frampton 4 rounds down already going into the 5th, which he perhaps shaded, 6th too close to call. Came back over the 7th, 8th & 9th, but the last 3 were pretty even and not enough to claw it back. Gutted but it was a fair result.