Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

33 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is he aye? Last I was aware he was a coked-up waster who chucked it all away for the dizzying heights of being a full-time knob on Twitter.

Yes, he is. Tyson Fury is still the Lineal World Champion. This is a fact.

Sad to see such disparagement about someone with documented mental health issues who turned to drugs as a crutch as well. Little more understanding and a little less stigmatising please. This is a thread for open minded gentlemen/women who enjoy the sweet science. We're not barbarians Milesy.   

Yes, he is. Tyson Fury is still the Lineal World Champion. This is a fact.
Sad to see such disparagement about someone with documented mental health issues who turned to drugs as a crutch as well. Little more understanding and a little less stigmatising please. This is a thread for open minded gentlemen/women who enjoy the sweet science. We're not barbarians Milesy.   

Fury's a waster. This is a fact. Pipe down ya welt.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Fury's a waster. This is a fact. Pipe down ya welt.

He's the lineal champion of arguably the toughest sport in the world. To get to that stage you can hardly be a waster.

I'm with J_Stewart on this one. On that note J I hope you have a lovely time down London. Have a line and sing yer heart out baby.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

He's the lineal champion of arguably the toughest sport in the world. To get to that stage you can hardly be a waster.

I'm with J_Stewart on this one. On that note J I hope you have a lovely time down London. Have a line and sing yer heart out baby.

59035cad23721_FastEddie.jpg.224c62f8b1eb47da834a3e1e45a72802.jpg

I don't pay much attention to boxing, but see Joshua's weigh ins constantly due to watching SSN, and this one is the only time I can remember him not looking vastly superior physically, if anything he looks the smaller man.

Chief support to BJS at a leisure centre near you soon.
Or as soon as the BBoC give him his license back, pending a hearing into his positive tests.

I, for one, applaud BJS deciding to take his title to provincial municipal swimming baths, rather than taking the obvious choice of Vegas or a sporting arena. I look forward to him fighting some no mark at Dewars Rinks, a phonebox or in an Aldi carpark.

People's Champ.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bit disappointed that the tale of the tape... is turning a bit like wrestling. Both fighters have been billed at 6ft 6... yet vlad has at least 3 inches on him when they stood side by side?

I haven't seen it but it was the same when he fought Fury, he was definitely smaller on fight night

UFuN5x2kP8YLDu1n4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.thumb.jpg.d85a815900e2bc50b39006045452dd73.jpg

39 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bit disappointed that the tale of the tape... is turning a bit like wrestling. Both fighters have been billed at 6ft 6... yet vlad has at least 3 inches on him when they stood side by side?

SSN saying AJ was in his stocking soles, Wlad had thick wedge trainers on, all part of the psychology.

Watched the weigh in, Joshua not as ripped, as was expected, where as Wlad did.

I'm not as taken in by the "experts" opinion. I think Wlad is coming in lean & light to stay mobile, quick & look for an early finish.

Joshua seemed to be carrying the excess weight, is patient enough to capitalise on opportunity when it should arise & would be able to draw on reserves if the fight goes long.

To me it looks like the opposite from what is being said, if it goes into the late rounds, it could be that Wlad is the one who could gas out?

Thoughts anyone?

Watched the weigh in, Joshua not as ripped, as was expected, where as Wlad did.
I'm not as taken in by the "experts" opinion. I think Wlad is coming in lean & light to stay mobile, quick & look for an early finish.
Joshua seemed to be carrying the excess weight, is patient enough to capitalise on opportunity when it should arise & would be able to draw on reserves if the fight goes long.
To me it looks like the opposite from what is being said, if it goes into the late rounds, it could be that Wlad is the one who could gas out?
Thoughts anyone?

Tbh, there is only 10 pounds between them and AJ has the bigger natural frame.
Both looked pretty lean, I'm guessing if vlad neutralises his power over time he has a chance because he's technically better and has more experience. AJ younger though so should have more stamina.
All immaterial tho, as AJ will knock him out in 5

it is not uncommon for Joshua to lose 3kg through sweat alone during a session.

If you apply this to both fighters, dehydration could come into it the longer the fight goes. Why I put forward the obverse argument, regarding Wlad coming in light & lean.