Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I'd have loved a gloves are off between the pair of them which I'm sure we'd have had if Usyk was more fluent in English.
He's got a personality to be fair just doesn't shine through because of his English. The undisputed thing was decent but would of loved a gloves are off. Do we know why there has been no presser this week?

13 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
34 minutes ago, LargsTON said:
I'd have loved a gloves are off between the pair of them which I'm sure we'd have had if Usyk was more fluent in English.

He's got a personality to be fair just doesn't shine through because of his English. The undisputed thing was decent but would of loved a gloves are off. Do we know why there has been no presser this week?

Press conference is always the Thursday so will be tomorrow.

A Gloves Are Off would have been shite when one of the guys has poor English. I don't understand the constant need for every fight to have 'needle'. Organic needle is fine but when they start the shite like Fury/Wilder it just becomes embarrassing.

The build up to this has been low key and a breathe of fresh air to be honest. No bullshit.

A Gloves Are Off would have been shite when one of the guys has poor English. I don't understand the constant need for every fight to have 'needle'. Organic needle is fine but when they start the shite like Fury/Wilder it just becomes embarrassing.
The build up to this has been low key and a breathe of fresh air to be honest. No bullshit.
I always thought it was the monday [emoji85] yeah totally agree, however i do love Whyte v Chisora anything, its just comical. Yeah don't get the Wilder v Fury shite, seems very very forced. Its what the yanks love tho, a bit wwe and thats why they'll never take to AJ as hes very low key and respectful.

7 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Taylor/Martin shook hands and said "nice to meet you". Burnett/Donaire went out for dinner with their partners after the draw.  Fair enough if there's natural animosity but it's a bit thick of a tv company/promoter to try and force it when there are so many other ways to market the fight. 

Hearn has been doing the fake "beef" shite since he became a promoter. Haye-Harrison, Campbell-Coyle, Bellew-Haye, Chisora-Whyte that's just the ones off the top of my head.

The Gloves are Off are pure cringe anyway the patter is always rotten on them, the only good thing that's ever happened on one was Froch pulling Groves across the table.

31 minutes ago, Neilly said:

A Gloves Are Off doesn't have to have needle.  The Klitshko v Fury episode was excellent.  Ditto Groves and Froch.  Each to their own I suppose but I enjoy the build ups more often than not until it goes down the route of Mayweather and McGregor. 

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I really hope so. The self importance of thinking to manufacture your own belt to chuck in to a unification fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if sky did but hopefully the negative reaction has thrown them.

A unification bout, where one guy holds all the belts?:lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Hearn has been doing the fake "beef" shite since he became a promoter. Haye-Harrison, Campbell-Coyle, Bellew-Haye, Chisora-Whyte that's just the ones off the top of my head.

The Gloves are Off are pure cringe anyway the patter is always rotten on them, the only good thing that's ever happened on one was Froch pulling Groves across the table.

Hearn thrives upon a "local lad" with beef potential somewhere further down the line. Easy way to rinse cash from football supporting casuals.

16 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Hearn thrives upon a "local lad" with beef potential somewhere further down the line. Easy way to rinse cash from football supporting casuals.

Campbell-Coyle is the best/worst example of this. Basically wasted a year of Campbell's career milking it so he could sell a few extra tickets

1 minute ago, Super_A said:

Campbell-Coyle is the best/worst example of this. Basically wasted a year of Campbell's career milking it so he could sell a few extra tickets

Hearn is an absolute p***k, he knows how to run a business though although he's been getting found out recently since the Wilder - Fury fight which he seems to be furious about.:lol:

31 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I really really don't get the hate for Hearn.

Constantly lies to the fans. The majority of his cards are full of mismatches. Every half decent fight gets put on PPV. 

A promoters job not to look after his fighter and get the most cash he can???

Hearns own description of a promoter is to put on cards for the least amount of money and make the most profit. His description of a  manager is to get the best deal for his fighter. You aren't allowed to both manage and promote a fighter, it violates the Ali act. Hearn acts more like a manager than a promoter. He's admitted in the past to deliberately over paying fighters because they "deserve" it or to price out other fights from being made. 

Boxing on sky is far better than the shite you get on bt.

It's really not. The difference in Saturday Fight Night cards on both channels is minimal. Every decent fight Sky have is going on PPV and BT look like they are going the same way.

It's really not. The difference in Saturday Fight Night cards on both channels is minimal. Every decent fight Sky have is going on PPV and BT look like they are going the same way.
I'll agree to disagree mate. I think a lot of his shows are worth the 20 quid. Only one i was pissed off at was Takham fight with joshua.

As for bt the headline names are brutal with the exception on Frampton. The last matchoom ppv with Whyte v Parker headlining was exceptional.

5 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I'll agree to disagree mate. I think a lot of his shows are worth the 20 quid. Only one i was pissed off at was Takham fight with joshua.

As for bt the headline names are brutal with the exception on Frampton. 

You seem to be comparing BT shows to SkyPPVs. I'm talking about Saturday night cards on regular Sky, the quality of those shows has been utter shite for ages now outwith the odd decent card. 

The last matchoom ppv with Whyte v Parker headlining was exceptional.

If you think that i don't really know what to say tbh. What was exceptional about it ? Whyte-Parker was a pretty decent fight and the Chisora KO was excellent but that doesn't make it a PPV card. The 2 fights I've mentioned there have 4 fights who have no right being on PPV. The rest of the card was all prospects that were fighting TBA until the week of the fight and a fucking womans title fight. For me a PPV card should be a massive fight, like Joshua-Klitschko, and 2 or 3 other 50-50 fights not fucking Dillion Whyte in a non title fight and some prospects fighting doormen who have no chance of winning.

If you think that i don't really know what to say tbh. What was exceptional about it ? Whyte-Parker was a pretty decent fight and the Chisora KO was excellent but that doesn't make it a PPV card. The 2 fights I've mentioned there have 4 fights who have no right being on PPV. The rest of the card was all prospects that were fighting TBA until the week of the fight and a fucking womans title fight. For me a PPV card should be a massive fight, like Joshua-Klitschko, and 2 or 3 other 50-50 fights not fucking Dillion Whyte in a non title fight and some prospects fighting doormen who have no chance of winning.
Any Joshua fight is ppv and you can include usyk, bellew and Whyte in that brachet no matter who they fight now. End of the day you dont want to pay £20 then you don't but folk shouldn't moan about it.

With us getting all the DAZN fights in the uk i think sky is doing really well. Few shitty fights but its early days.

The Whyte v Parker fight alone was worth the £20 alone for me. Chisora takham also was a great fight with them both being a 50/50 fight for me.

A unification bout, where one guy holds all the belts?:lol::lol::lol:

Fair point, well made! I was going to say fight of this magnitude but wanted to state all the belts were involved as well.
Was just reading earlier Bellew is still WBC ‘emeritus’ champ for all that’s worth. I expect, and hope, the man taking in all the belts will be taking them home as well.

I pay for virtually every ppv going as I just love watching boxing.   The way I see it £20 is bugger all when you look at what you'd spend in circa 6 hours in the boozer.  Sure some are dugshite but that's life, you pay for any kind of entertainment you run the risk it's a stinker, especially in sport.  Some may think that's me endorsing Hearn ripping off causal fans but as I say I enjoy getting a few beers in and enjoying a few fights without getting off my fat arse.   I'd draw the line at what fans in the States are asked to pay though which is outrageous in comparison.  £20 is decent value imo all things considered.

Edited by LargsTON

I pay for virtually every ppv going as I just love watching boxing.   The way I see it £20 is bugger all when you look at what you'd spend in circa 6 hours in the boozer.  Sure some are dugshite but that's life, you pay for any kind of entertainment you run the risk it's a stinker, especially in sport.  Some may think that's me endorsing Hearn ripping off causal fans but as I say I enjoy getting a few beers in and enjoying a few fights without getting off my fat arse.   I'd draw the line at what fans in the States are asked to pay though which is outrageous in comparison.  £20 is decent value imo all things considered.
Im the exact same mate. Ill watch most ppv events as i love boxing.