Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

The Bellew fight build up has been extremely quiet. We know of theres another presser, behind the ropes or anything like that?

Do you really want to hear more pish from the likes of Johnny Nelson about how Bellew has a better skill set than Usyk? Those Sky commentators have no shame whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

What?! Anyone have a link for this dogshit?

They were showing the belt getting made on SSN yesterday but cant see any articles on it. The twitterati are rightly laughing like f**k at it so possibly the articles have been pulled to try and save face.

They were showing the belt getting made on SSN yesterday but cant see any articles on it. The twitterati are rightly laughing like f**k at it so possibly the articles have been pulled to try and save face.

I really hope so. The self importance of thinking to manufacture your own belt to chuck in to a unification fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if sky did but hopefully the negative reaction has thrown them.

On 05/11/2018 at 16:20, Boostin' Kev said:

Taylor's looking good right now. If he was signed to Matchroom he'd be taking on a 12-28-5 opponent next. 

100% agree with that. I know they're different weights (although only one between them), but I compared him with Conor Benn recently. He's 13-0, but his last fight was a rematch against a guy who probably deserved to beat him. His record being 5-4-3 before that. Taylor has now topped many of his own cards and beaten some good names. Fight 15 will be for a world title and 16 could be for two. 

17 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png i do actually. I love the build ups.

There's programmes on Sky Sports all week - but I think it's more past footage and interviews than a Behind the Ropes type. 

50 minutes ago, LAGer said:

100% agree with that. I know they're different weights (although only one between them), but I compared him with Conor Benn recently. He's 13-0, but his last fight was a rematch against a guy who probably deserved to beat him. His record being 5-4-3 before that. Taylor has now topped many of his own cards and beaten some good names. Fight 15 will be for a world title and 16 could be for two. 

Taylor is miles better than Benn - Benn would've been destroyed by most of the guys Taylor's fought in the last few years.  He's a unique talent, very special.

I agree that a lot of British promoters move their fighters too slowly, particularly the 'dominant' promoters - Warren did it when he was top of the heap, now Hearn is doing it.  However, not every boxer is going to be able to step up their competition the way that Taylor has. 

Horse for courses and all that.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:
2 hours ago, LAGer said:
There's programmes on Sky Sports all week - but I think it's more past footage and interviews than a Behind the Ropes type. 

So far ive watched usyk undisputed, bellew chasing dreams and feeling underwhelmed. I get with his limited English its a challenge..... usyk's not bellews!!

I'd have loved a gloves are off between the pair of them which I'm sure we'd have had if Usyk was more fluent in English.