Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

If it is an orbital bone fracture then I can’t blame him too much for stopping. Imagine standing infront of a heavyweight when you know your face is already in pieces. 

After watching Groves jab the German guy into a coma after his eye closed over I don't see how anyone can criticise the decision to quit. 

I see some YouTube gimp is calling out Conor McGregor having won a "pro" fight lastnight. I have no interest in these youtube gimps being given a platform in pro boxing, its vile. I also have no interest in seeing McGregor in boxing.

I would however, make an exception on both counts in order to see McGregor put a stop to the whole charade by absolutely ending this clown.

Edited by Bairnardo

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I see some YouTube gimp is calling out Conor McGregor having won a "pro" fight lastnight. I have no interest in these youtube gimps being given a platform in pro boxing, its vile. I also have no interest in seeing McGregor in boxing.

I would however, make an exception on both counts in order to see McGregor put a stop to the whole charade by absolutely ending this clown.

Tbh Jake Paul has probably had better training and sparring than a lot of guys on Matchroom undercards! There's a far greater chance of Paul beating McGregor than there was of McGregor beating FMJ 

Knocking out an ex NBA player is decent going for a YouTuber (not exactly sure what that involves). 

Edited by Detournement

Why are people acting like AJ is a shoe in to vacate?? After the showing last night both Joyce and DD are nowhere near the level of AJ, Fury, Usyk, Whyte, Povetkin etc Joyce had a decent jab all night but is unbelievable slow and doesn’t seem that heavy handed! Hopefully DD learns from this and can come again.... wonder where Warren goes from here

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

Why are people acting like AJ is a shoe in to vacate?? After the showing last night both Joyce and DD are nowhere near the level of AJ, Fury, Usyk, Whyte, Povetkin etc Joyce had a decent jab all night but is unbelievable slow and doesn’t seem that heavy handed! Hopefully DD learns from this and can come again.... wonder where Warren goes from here

I don't think he will choose vacate but clearly there is pressure from the sanctioning bodies.  Being Undisputed Champion is something that has been a target for a while.

Warren wants the WBO to strip Joshua and have Usyk face their man. Clearly they wanted Dubois to be the man but trying to pivot post fight for it to be Joyce. Hope Joyce wins or get Usyk on their list of fighters and have the upper hand in negotiating Joshua becoming undisputed champ.

Hearn's ideal is Joshua beats Fury in April/May to become undisputed champ. Then Joshua vacates the  WBO title for Usyk to fight for soon after.  Then Hearn promotes Usyk-Joshua unification bout in the Autumn.

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

I thought if they made an undisputed fight then everything else was on the back burner? If I was Usyk I’d wait for a crack at the winner of Fury v AJ! Joyce is a bit of a plodder.. hands and feet are pretty slow!

Think Joyce gives the illusion of being slow, but Dubois just wasn't fast enough, or gave enough movement to consistently get inside his jab.

Joyce even admitted as much in keeping Dubois at range & away from walking on to any possibility of taking a big right hand. Outwith the top 3, I think Joyce would fair pretty well & could cause Usyk problems with his sheer size & boxing sense. Olympic medals aren't just handed out freely.

If (and it's a big IF) Yarde comes unstuck next week (rate Arthur highly) then #PrayForFrank

19 hours ago, Detournement said:

Knocking out an ex NBA player is decent going for a YouTuber (not exactly sure what that involves). 

lol wut

This Paul loser and his brother have been desperately whoring themselves for a fight with McGregor or Dillon Danis for years and they've been laughed out of town, yet boxing promoters seem to want to help elevate them. It's utterly embarrassing that they're being given a platform. 

lol wut
This Paul loser and his brother have been desperately whoring themselves for a fight with McGregor or Dillon Danis for years and they've been laughed out of town, yet boxing promoters seem to want to help elevate them. It's utterly embarrassing that they're being given a platform. 
When you've umpteen million followers, it's all about PPV figures to promoters.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

When you've umpteen million followers, it's all about PPV figures to promoters.

Of course but it dilutes the sport IMO. I don't watch much boxing and I hate when MMA promoters throw on the "freak show" type stuff or more recently let CM Punk embarrass himself on global TV simply because he had fans. It's equivalent of that Australian mob throwing Usain Bolt a football contract.

17 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I don't think he will choose vacate but clearly there is pressure from the sanctioning bodies.  Being Undisputed Champion is something that has been a target for a while.

Warren wants the WBO to strip Joshua and have Usyk face their man. Clearly they wanted Dubois to be the man but trying to pivot post fight for it to be Joyce. Hope Joyce wins or get Usyk on their list of fighters and have the upper hand in negotiating Joshua becoming undisputed champ.

Hearn's ideal is Joshua beats Fury in April/May to become undisputed champ. Then Joshua vacates the  WBO title for Usyk to fight for soon after.  Then Hearn promotes Usyk-Joshua unification bout in the Autumn.

Hearn will be hoping for a lucky punch then. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

lol wut

As I understand it Paul works with a trainer full time and looks like he is on the top level Hollywood PEDs. If he was to box McGregor he would definitely have done more boxing (possibly any) training than CMcG in the previous 18 months.

There's no outcome of that fight that isn't funny. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As I understand it Paul works with a trainer full time and looks like he is on the top level Hollywood PEDs. If he was to box McGregor he would definitely have done more boxing (possibly any) training than CMcG in the previous 18 months.

You're exactly the short of chump these boxing promoters target with these idiotic fights.