Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Dubois - Joyce is a big deal, there's nothing else coming up in HW from what I've seen.  That American card a few weeks ago with potentials, think it was Dazn, was a joke.
Theres certainly a saleable asset to be made of Dubois if he wins, even if I am to be convinced he has the tools for the top level, such as it is at heavy

Boy at work has been going on about Tyson Jones fight all week, I'd swear he was on commission from the ppv. He even had the decency to try and explain to me who Roy Jones was, which was nice of him.  When telling him I had no interest in watching a glorified sparring session along with Badou Jack fighting some jobber I've never heard of, his reply was 'Who's badou jack'.  My input to that conversation ended there.

I think Dubois beats Joyce, but I'm not really sure what I'm basing that on other than him beating a 40 year old Kevin Johnson. 

That's just preview show mate. 
Best watch the full fight on YouTube in the morning. Not worth paying anything for a sparring match.

It always amazes me the fights that people will pay for. I don't really blame the promoters or the TV companies, their job is to generate as much money as possible and if they can convince enough people to actually buy the fights, then why wouldn't they continue. I get buying genuine big title fights, but not fights like this.

For the price of this fight anyone could buy a firestick lite and stream this and all subsequent fights for free.

TBH I would encourage anyone with a Firestick, Android TV box, X Box one or PC to stream this fight for free. If people stopped paying for fights like this then maybe there wouldn't be as many PPV events

17 minutes ago, magic sign said:

It always amazes me the fights that people will pay for. I don't really blame the promoters or the TV companies, their job is to generate as much money as possible and if they can convince enough people to actually buy the fights, then why wouldn't they continue. I get buying genuine big title fights, but not fights like this.

For the price of this fight anyone could buy a firestick lite and stream this and all subsequent fights for free.

TBH I would encourage anyone with a Firestick, Android TV box, X Box one or PC to stream this fight for free. If people stopped paying for fights like this then maybe there wouldn't be as many PPV events

In the past few years with some of the PPVs Hearn has put on and even a couple on BT, I’ve been adamant all week I’m not paying for it and when the time comes round I end up folding and sticking it on. But with those cards you were getting 4 or 5 fights on the undercard and the main event. If this Tyson RJJ PPV had an undercard with actual boxers fighting, I might have been tempted but there is absolutely no way I’m paying 20 quid to watch an exhibition fight, a youtuber against some NBA punter and Badou Jack. 

A lot to like about Sheeraz. Very young and obviously a work in progress, but shot selection was really good (really liked his body work and uppercuts), and didn’t rush his work at all. Bit of the Paul Williams about him in being really tall for the weight, but not leaving much of a target. Good prospect.

10 minutes ago, Markka said:

Where is this card being held at? Watching some foreign stream at present.

Church House in Westminster.

It's the HQ of the Church of England, and has a tonne of meeting and conference spaces for hire. It also served as the House of Commons after it got bombed during WW2