Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Whittaker looking for a new coach and spent time at McGuigan’s. That’s why Barry Mczguigan was going full Suge Knight mode and telling Whittaker to come to their gym. Said he’s the best he has ever seen in the gym. Reckon they could get so much more out of him as if you look past the fannying about he can do some basic stuff so well at incredible speed.

On 20/06/2024 at 07:23, Shandon Par said:

Whittaker looking for a new coach and spent time at McGuigan’s. That’s why Barry Mczguigan was going full Suge Knight mode and telling Whittaker to come to their gym. Said he’s the best he has ever seen in the gym. Reckon they could get so much more out of him as if you look past the fannying about he can do some basic stuff so well at incredible speed.

Whittaker is an outright p***k. Dont think hes good enough for world level and he was way, way to quick (aside from being utterly humourless) with his stupid behaviour. Doesn't help that IMO theres no place in combat sports for that sort of shite, but I hope he gets badly humbled.

Usyk vacates the IBF title, before being stripped. Talks were obviously going nowhere.

We were lucky to see the Undisputed fight, & it looks like being years until it happens again.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Everyone’s favourite conspiracy theorist and drug cheat Ryan Garcia, has been expelled from the WBC indefinitely after going on a racist rant online last night. Repeated use of the N word before turning his attention to Muslims and Jews. 
Mauricio Sulaiman saying he’s rejected their offer of help with his mental health and substance abuse. 

I think the beating from Tank has caused some serious issues. 

ETA… it appears he’s now been admitted to rehab. 

Edited by MONKMAN

• 4 weeks later...

Chisora has been a great servant to British boxing, but he’s completely done.

Joyce peaked, with his display against Dubois. Zhang exposed him twice & his second defeat was career changing.

Both need to retire after that. Both guys defending with their face for ten rounds taking heavy shots to the skull.

Chisora will fight on though until 50 fights I assume. Joyce has nowhere to go and is even more shot to bits than Del Boy.

I didn't understand the reaction to this from some quarters, it was a dreadful war of attrition between two guys that shouldn't be fighting anymore.  I continually thought my WIFI was buffering it was that slow paced.

On 29/07/2024 at 09:09, LargsTON said:

I didn't understand the reaction to this from some quarters, it was a dreadful war of attrition between two guys that shouldn't be fighting anymore.  I continually thought my WIFI was buffering it was that slow paced.

Agreed, utterly awful. It doesn't help that Chisora is an awful, woman beating scumbag and seeing him be lauded by all in boxing is nauseating.