Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Was glad to hear that when I woke up this morning. I'm a fan of Tyson Fury as a boxer, and a few unsavoury comments aside, he appears to be a decent guy in the main. Getting his mental health in order is by far and away the most important thing for the guy, and the uncertainty and media circus around the belts, his future, etc can't have helped in his recovery.

Fingers crossed he can now get away from the spotlight for a while, concentrate on seeking help and recovery, and hopefully come back and try and reclaim the belts when he's fit and healthy to do so.

Quite looking forward to Luke Campbell v Derry Matthews this weekend, thing it has the potential to be a good fight as their styles should mesh well. Absolutely no interest in Bellew v Flores whatsoever.

44 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

And now license suspended by the BBBOC.

What would people rather AJ and Wlad fight the belts or would it be better the got contested by other fighters.  I'm pretty sure Wlad will be fighting for them.  Personally i'd like them both fought for separately 

I think I said earlier that what I would like a tournament for them.  AJ, Wlad, Wilder maybe Ortiz, Povetkin, Pulev or others to get involved.  Perhaps even Haye and Briggs could be part of it, for the lolz.

It's about as likely to happen as Donald Trump finger-blasting Hillary Clinton live on CNN but it would be good.  The tournament, not the finger blasting.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think I said earlier that what I would like a tournament for them.  AJ, Wlad, Wilder maybe Ortiz, Povetkin, Pulev or others to get involved.  Perhaps even Haye and Briggs could be part of it, for the lolz.

It's about as likely to happen as Donald Trump finger-blasting Hillary Clinton live on CNN but it would be good.  The tournament, not the finger blasting.

I think the ppv for Trump and Hilary would far outstrip all those fights put together.

2 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

In other news, apparently Broner has been making vague 'suicidal' remarks on his Twitter feed.

Without sounding like an arsehole, it looks like complete attention seeking. He's done the same before. What was funny is when it got down to his "countdown" of when he was gonna kill himself everyone was too busy being raging with Danny Garcias fight announcement to notice 

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Was glad to hear that when I woke up this morning. I'm a fan of Tyson Fury as a boxer, and a few unsavoury comments aside, he appears to be a decent guy in the main. Getting his mental health in order is by far and away the most important thing for the guy, and the uncertainty and media circus around the belts, his future, etc can't have helped in his recovery.

Fingers crossed he can now get away from the spotlight for a while, concentrate on seeking help and recovery, and hopefully come back and try and reclaim the belts when he's fit and healthy to do so.

Quite looking forward to Luke Campbell v Derry Matthews this weekend, thing it has the potential to be a good fight as their styles should mesh well. Absolutely no interest in Bellew v Flores whatsoever.

4/1 for a Matthews win seems a great price