Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 hours ago, Meth Damon said:

The biggest scumbag in boxing speaks

Screenshot_2016-11-20-05-49-39.png

c**t, would get so much pleasure out of Kovalev killing him

What a dolt, just shows he actually sat & watched it.

I wonder if he'll make a beeline for Ward, having constantly dodged Kovalev?

Edited by kiddy

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Classless interview from Kovalev.

Didn't see it all, but he stated felt he lost 3 rounds. If he himself won 3 (one being a 10-8), the majority of even rounds must have been scored in Wards favor?

If you can clarify how being disappointed, with a close result,  can be construed as classless, as he then requested a rematch?

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I'd have to watch it again as there are 2 or 3 of those that I didn't see it that way in real time, there was one of the 1st 4 rounds that I could have given to Ward but I can't remember 2.

What I will say is that I didn't actually keep note of who I'd given what rounds to and that numpties joke of a scorecard they kept putting up could quite easily lead you to over-estimate Kovalev when you're constantly remembering the rounds that have went previously, I don't understand why they employ anyone who quite blatantly gave definite Ward rounds to Kovalev.

Edited by ayrmad

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed.

To be fair, think he probably felt bumped. I thought he had it won by 5 or 6 points.

5 or 6 points isn't edging it in my book.

Just thinking about the scoring. To get a 114-113 verdict, Kovalev was given 5 rounds, Ward 7, with NONE even on ALL THREE scorecards!

How you could score every single round, of that fight, one way or t'other is mindboggling.

NO 10-10 rounds, just let that sink in.

Edited by kiddy

I never score rounds 10-10, a rounds 3 minutes long there's always gonna be someone who edges it even if it's only just

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

All the Americans think Kovalev was robbed whilst we all think Ward won. In a tight fight we are all influenced by the commentators.

The commentators themselves influence each other and develop a groupthink in the way they interpret it- you could hear how they softened up and started to doubt themselves once all the yank TV and journalists had Kovalev running away with it

Adam smith only saw Ward's work- there was exchanges where Ward landed but Kovalev answer back with his own counter but they only recognised Ward's work. They also have Ward credit a few times when he'd hit gloves.

It was a close fight. There were rounds I couldn't split them and I'd it a draw. But I'd need to watch it again with the sound down.

Was coming on to say the same. I think HBO had Kovalev up by 5 or something like that? Still can't believe how many Americans are saying it's the worst robbery of all time, it wasn't even the worst decision on the card not by a long way.

Just looked at my posts from last night. I had it 115-115
R1- Kovalev
2- Kovalev 10-8
3- Ward
4-Kovalev
5-Ward
6-kovalev(by a slim margin)
7- Ward
8-Ward
9- Ward
10- split
11- split
12- split

So in the second half of the fight there wasn't a round I thought Kovalev won.

Round 10 sky had Ward dominating but I disagree and gave a split.

Like Marshmallo, I had ward by five. Yeah, there were close rounds but from 3 onwards I thought his work was sharper, cleaner and he got in and out without being tagged with any quality coming back.

Thoroughly enjoyed the fight, utterly mesmerising watching ward and kovalev's pressure - despite being not all that educated - made it fascinating.

Have to put ward top of the p4p lists now. Great record and how he came back from adversity last night was excellent. Kova top 5 too.

Great thread this, easily one of the best on the site.

32 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Just thinking about the scoring. To get a 114-113 verdict, Kovalev was given 5 rounds, Ward 7, with NONE even on ALL THREE scorecards!

How you could score every single round, of that fight, one way or t'other is mindboggling.

NO 10-10 rounds, just let that sink in.

There were at least 2 where 10-10 was probably the correct call regardless of how you judge rounds, I know I was eachy peachy on 1 10-10 between 5-8 as I posted Kov by 1 or 2 after 8.

Great thread this, easily one of the best on the site.

Agreed.
This must be one of the only threads on here where the majority of contributors actualll know what they are talking about and can engage in a civil discussion where folk take on board others perspectives and it doesn't descend into a personal slanging match.

Grudges ain't carried over in here from other threads either.

I had Kovalev by 115-112. I thought Kovalev landed more in the closer 2nd half rounds even if Ward landed cleaner. Really good fight though. 

ETA draw at worst, Ward did not win that IMO.

Edited by GiGi

10 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Just about to watch it again with American commentary and score it. Interested to hear their interpretation.

Watched this morning with HBO commentary. They thought after the 10th Ward had just lost the round he couldn't afford to lose. 

Just rewatched it and had it 115-113 Kovalev.
1-Kovalev
2-Kovalev 10-8
3- Ward
4- Kovalev
5- Kovalev
6- Kovalev
7-Ward
8-Ward
9- Ward
10- Kovalev
11-Ward
12- split.

The only rounds I thought there was a clear winner was 1,2,4 and 8. The rest you could make a case for either man.

On my second viewing I have Kovalev round 5 where before I gave it to Ward and I gave a winner in 10 and 11 that I'd given even splits before.

17 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Just rewatched it and had it 115-113 Kovalev.
1-Kovalev
2-Kovalev 10-8
3- Ward
4- Kovalev
5- Kovalev
6- Kovalev
7-Ward
8-Ward
9- Ward
10- Kovalev
11-Ward
12- split.

The only rounds I thought there was a clear winner was 1,2,4 and 8. The rest you could make a case for either man.

On my second viewing I have Kovalev round 5 where before I gave it to Ward and I gave a winner in 10 and 11 that I'd given even splits before.

Had the same with Kovalev winning 3rd and 12th, think you have to be giving Ward every benefit of the doubt to have hin winning 7 rounds