Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I think we can give him a pass on this one if we're getting the match up of 2016 coming next. Didn't mean to click on your profile by the way. 

ETA what are you doing training wise twice in a day? 

Edited by Pete Rockwell

On 09/07/2016 at 10:40, Marshmallo said:

I'm still in shock at Brook getting knocked for this on here.

Perhaps those doing the knocking know f**k all.

I think we can give him a pass on this one if we're getting the match up of 2016 coming next. Didn't mean to click on your profile by the way. 

ETA what are you doing training wise twice in a day? 

Drinking water, looking in the mirrors and changing songs on my ipod.

Any of the boxing thread regulars fancy a cheeky nandos before going to watch the NUMBER 1 welterweight in the world fight the NUMBER 1 pound for pound fighter in the world? Just gutted AJ isn't on the card. Hope Conor Benn and Felix Ca$h are though, future world champions.

Dickens isn't a welterweight?

Some great ladz banter on the group chat Marshy and I have set up for the big weekend in London.

Can't decide is I should wear a G-Star raw t-shirt or a checked button down shirt though. T-shirt will give more room to wave my arms around when singing Sweet Caroline so leaning towards that.

Some great ladz banter on the group chat Marshy and I have set up for the big weekend in London.

Can't decide is I should wear a G-Star raw t-shirt or a checked button down shirt though. T-shirt will give more room to wave my arms around when singing Sweet Caroline so leaning towards that.

When I went to the Burns fight at the Hydro I wore a checked Ralph Lauren shirt and got a photo with Johnny Nelson. 40+ likes on Facebook. So I would suggest that.

That was fantastic catching up on the last few days posts, a boxing thread civil war. How apt. Highlight was definitely Milesy basically saying that he doesn't post on the thread much in case bigger boys say mean things about him. An excellent post and vastly under appreciated I think.

I've no real problem with GGG v Brook. Seems like a win for everyone really, Golovkin gets a fight with a big name, Brook has a justifiable excuse when he loses and doesn't put his belt at risk (if he does intend to keep fighting) while making a wedge, Hearn and sky make a mint off PPV, and we get to see GGG fight in the UK. Win all round. Would obviously rather he was fighting Canelo, or BJS so he could unify the division, but seeing as how neither will go near him, this'll have to do. It's not like it's a ridiculous catchweight, or a guy moving up being fed some paper champion, it's just someone who's won a world title at one weight moving up to challenge for one in another. He won't win, but I've no problem with Brook trying it, or Golovkin accepting it. I'm taking it with tonnes and tonnes of salt as well, but if what Hearn was saying is correct and both the Eubank and Vargas camps were dragging their heels too, then this fight makes even more sense, and even if this is just Brook 'cashing out' as some have put it, fair fucks to him. He might make a mint, but he's still having to get in with a complete monster who's demolished every legitimate middleweight he's fought, let alone a welterweight jumping up 13 pounds. If I wasn't down in London for SW4 the weekend before, I'd have likely tried to get tickets, will try for Fury v Klitchsko instead though I think.

Speaking of monsters, looking forward to Big Kov's fight tonight, just as it's a chance to see big Kov fight. Only one winner, but will be interesting to see if he can be the first guy to knock Chilemba out.

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

That was fantastic catching up on the last few days posts, a boxing thread civil war. How apt. Highlight was definitely Milesy basically saying that he doesn't post on the thread much in case bigger boys say mean things about him. An excellent post and vastly under appreciated I think.

I've no real problem with GGG v Brook. Seems like a win for everyone really, Golovkin gets a fight with a big name, Brook has a justifiable excuse when he loses and doesn't put his belt at risk (if he does intend to keep fighting) while making a wedge, Hearn and sky make a mint off PPV, and we get to see GGG fight in the UK. Win all round. Would obviously rather he was fighting Canelo, or BJS so he could unify the division, but seeing as how neither will go near him, this'll have to do. It's not like it's a ridiculous catchweight, or a guy moving up being fed some paper champion, it's just someone who's won a world title at one weight moving up to challenge for one in another. He won't win, but I've no problem with Brook trying it, or Golovkin accepting it. I'm taking it with tonnes and tonnes of salt as well, but if what Hearn was saying is correct and both the Eubank and Vargas camps were dragging their heels too, then this fight makes even more sense, and even if this is just Brook 'cashing out' as some have put it, fair fucks to him. He might make a mint, but he's still having to get in with a complete monster who's demolished every legitimate middleweight he's fought, let alone a welterweight jumping up 13 pounds. If I wasn't down in London for SW4 the weekend before, I'd have likely tried to get tickets, will try for Fury v Klitchsko instead though I think.

Speaking of monsters, looking forward to Big Kov's fight tonight, just as it's a chance to see big Kov fight. Only one winner, but will be interesting to see if he can be the first guy to knock Chilemba out.

I generally hate catchweights but this is the sort of occasion where it can be justified by every sceptic. 

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Anyone who doesn't believe shocks can happen, needs to watch this. Honeygan was so far out of his depth coming into this fight with the then p4p best, & heir to Sugar Ray Leonard's legacy, it wasn't real.