Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

This.

Boxings biggest pussy atm

This. 100% spot on , can't call a guy out giving it big licks saying he will take him on whenever or wherever because "in Mexico we don't f**k around" then vacate your world championship belt and duck the fight with said opponent. Definition of a coward in the dictionary wouldn't be far off it especially when he likes fighting smaller opponents with the odds stacked considerably in his favour. Would never buy a canelo ppv now. Edited by Disco30

Anyone catch Herring vs Shafikov? I know it was a big step up but Herring looked like he had never boxed in his life, was expecting so much more.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday morning. His defence- or attempt at it - was appalling. The commentary was even worse, I know it's 4th of July weekend and that, but the thanking the military and constant reminders that hew was in the marines was absolutely embarrassing. Americans would have lapped it up though right enough. Always like to see Shafikov do well after he gave Lee McCallister a doing :lol:

Enjoyed the undercard fight as well, although can't remember either of their names off the top of my head.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday morning. His defence- or attempt at it - was appalling. The commentary was even worse, I know it's 4th of July weekend and that, but the thanking the military and constant reminders that hew was in the marines was absolutely embarrassing. Americans would have lapped it up though right enough. Always like to see Shafikov do well after he gave Lee McCallister a doing :lol:

Enjoyed the undercard fight as well, although can't remember either of their names off the top of my head.

Watched the ESPN broadcast. That was the first commentary I've heard that was worse than we get in the UK.  The shiter Herring was the more we heard the ex marine talk.

Senior's saying that it's being slowed down by Matchroom. A fight I'd really like to see, don't think junior is ready to beat Golovkin, but I think he has a lot of ability and could put on a decent display, so hopefully it doesn't fall through.

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Senior's saying that it's being slowed down by Matchroom. A fight I'd really like to see, don't think junior is ready to beat Golovkin, but I think he has a lot of ability and could put on a decent display, so hopefully it doesn't fall through.

If leaves himself as wide open as he usually does Golovkin will get him out of there asap.