Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

23 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Wilder would definitely cause him some problems. Even Haye if he has anything left in the tank. Joshua is big, pretty immobile and his defensive work is pretty poor.

Wilder throws wild shots and hasn't fought anyone. Certainly not in the Klitcho bracket. Not saying Joshua is infallible but there's probably more question marks about Wilder than Joshua. 

Haye is too small to trouble Joshua in the same way he was to trouble Klitcho.

Tyson Fury (fully fit) would have the skills and the size to trouble Joshua imo. Whether he'd have the power to trouble him remains to be seen.

51 minutes ago, sjc said:

Who would you class as dangerous in the heavyweight division?

Anyone who can bang is a danger to AJ, I'm quite confident he'll be stopped in one of his next 3 or 4 fights if he doesn't fight tippy tappy guys, I think Dubois might just about be ready for him by fight 25 if Warren isn't too cautious with him, this is the time for a young quick improver to sweep to the top of this division, it only takes 1 punch and Joshua isn't good enough to avoid taking a punch IMO, if Dubois has a chin I think he could be a superstar, some of his angles and punches reminded me of a young tyson.

21 minutes ago, sjc said:

Wilder throws wild shots and hasn't fought anyone. Certainly not in the Klitcho bracket. Not saying Joshua is infallible but there's probably more question marks about Wilder than Joshua. 

Tyson Fury (fully fit) would have the skills and the size to trouble Joshua imo. Whether he'd have the power to trouble him remains to be seen.

Haye needs to stop trying to bulk up at heavyweight, he was far more dangerous as a light and fast guy than he is puffed up.

20 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I disagree. Both Wilder and Haye can bang and I'm not convinced about Joshua's chin. Haye might be smaller but he is fast and mobile. Reckon he's probably done nowadays though.

Outside of Klitshko Joshua hasn't fought anyone of note either.

I agree Wilder can bang but he's wild and leaves himself exposed to the counter. Would he fight so open against a proven big hitter? Remains to be seen imo. I agree that Klitshko is the only name on Joshua's cv but Wilder hasn't been in with anyone near that calibre.

Its definitely a fight I want to see though.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

I agree Wilder can bang but he's wild and leaves himself exposed to the counter. Would he fight so open against a proven big hitter? Remains to be seen imo. I agree that Klitshko is the only name on Joshua's cv but Wilder hasn't been in with anyone near that calibre.

Its definitely a fight I want to see though.

Is Joshua not exposed at times in his fights? 

Joshua isn't yet good enough to use his height and reach to keep guys away, we're talking about League 1 level guys here not elite level, they all have major weaknesses that can pop up at anytime

18 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Forget about that, it’s quite clear now that Dillian Whyte deserves a world title shot. Why isn’t everyone talking about that world class performance?

Don't dis the guy too much, that low level fighter managed to wobble Joshua less than 2 years ago, he might come into the ring in the shape of his life for the chance  of a lifetime world title fight.

Edited by ayrmad

Disagree there mate. Takem is small and didn’t exactly give Joshua an easy ride. Haye is a bit lighter and quicker than Joshua and has plenty power behind the punch. Also, like someone said above, Joshua’s chin’s not been properly tested yet.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Disagree there mate. Takem is small and didn’t exactly give Joshua an easy ride. Haye is a bit lighter and quicker than Joshua and has plenty power behind the punch. Also, like someone said above, Joshua’s chin’s not been properly tested yet.

I think his chin held up pretty well for the most part against Wlad. Got dropped but he got hit with a massive overhand right from another 6ft6 ATG. If anyone doubted he had the chin or the character to get through that he certainly proved he's got it. 

However what about the weight AJ came in at? Yet more lean mass piled on? Starting to take the piss. Will he ever piss hot?

Getting fed up with the "Whyte wobbled Joshua" pish.
It's like a poor imitation of the Lewis/Vitali argument.
AJ didn't go down. In fact any doubt about his chin was expunged when he got up after Wlad decked him.
As for Dubois, come on. Somebody wants to question AJ by sticking him in at this level! Fcuking nuts.

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Getting fed up with the "Whyte wobbled Joshua" pish.
It's like a poor imitation of the Lewis/Vitali argument.
AJ didn't go down. In fact any doubt about his chin was expunged when he got up after Wlad decked him.
As for Dubois, come on. Somebody wants to question AJ by sticking him in at this level! Fcuking nuts.

Who said stick him in today?

By the time AJ is having fight 25 Dubois could be on fight 20 or more and Joshua' brain couldn't control his legs for a time.

Edited by ayrmad

Tyson Fury in the shape he was for the Klitschko fight would cause AJ serious problems. Also there are some serious questions to be asked about the the stamina of AJ particularly against someone with the movement of Fury.

The sad thing is there pretty much zero chance of Fury getting back to that level. Shame cause could have been the biggest heavyweight fight in the UK for a long long time.

18 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Tyson Fury in the shape he was for the Klitschko fight would cause AJ serious problems. Also there are some serious questions to be asked about the the stamina of AJ particularly against someone with the movement of Fury.

The sad thing is there pretty much zero chance of Fury getting back to that level. Shame cause could have been the biggest heavyweight fight in the UK for a long long time.

I'd like to see a fit Fury, AJ might struggle to get past his jab.

A fit, prepared Fury would box rings round Joshua on last night's evidence. Thought the stoppage was right in that Takam had taken some clean shots and was likely going to take more, but wasn't particularly impressed at all with AJ.

Dillian Whyte is a plodding bum who should be nowhere near a world title fight.