Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Am I missing something? The Sun, like all tabloid papers, is a scumbucket, but why should Ohara Davies give a singlefuck about the feelings of some scousers? Also, what has it got to do with Hull’s Tommy Coyle?

There must be dots I’m not connecting, because if it’s as blanket as I’m seeing it currently, it seems a bit harsh, regardless of how much a penis Davies is (and he’s a massive penis).

21 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Am I missing something? The Sun, like all tabloid papers, is a scumbucket, but why should Ohara Davies give a singlefuck about the feelings of some scousers? Also, what has it got to do with Hull’s Tommy Coyle?

There must be dots I’m not connecting, because if it’s as blanket as I’m seeing it currently, it seems a bit harsh, regardless of how much a penis Davies is (and he’s a massive penis).

It's ridiculous, literally all he's done is try and wind up another fighter about a newspaper. Scousers must be the most sensitive offended b*****ds on the planet. I'd actually have been more of a fan of OD if he'd just stuck with it but now he's come out with a grovelling apology, he can't even play the role of bad guy without fucking it up.

I'm with @J_Stewart on this one, not really seeing the reason for pulling Davies out of a fight.

The other thing I don't get is now that its been established in a Court of law that the Police were negligent in their actions at Hillsborough and covered up said negligence, why is the Sun newspaper still subject to such hate if all they did was report what the Police stated as fact to them?

PS - I'm no fan of Davies or the Sun btw.

I think it's more to do with upsetting Matchroom's Scouse contingent, as Bellew and the Smiths' (Callum really) will pull in a lot more money than Davies (who I concur is a massive penis) ever will.

Scousers really are a precious shower of wanks, imagine getting upset over him mentioning a newspaper. 

16 hours ago, sjc said:

I'm with @J_Stewart on this one, not really seeing the reason for pulling Davies out of a fight.

The other thing I don't get is now that its been established in a Court of law that the Police were negligent in their actions at Hillsborough and covered up said negligence, why is the Sun newspaper still subject to such hate if all they did was report what the Police stated as fact to them?

PS - I'm no fan of Davies or the Sun btw.

The Sun had a front page headline about Liverpool fans stealing from and urinating on the dead at Hillborough. It was utter bollocks of course and this is why The Sun is hated on Merseyside

5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The Sun had a front page headline about Liverpool fans stealing from and urinating on the dead at Hillborough. It was utter bollocks of course and this is why The Sun is hated on Merseyside

I know that but were they not just quoting what they'd been told by South Yorkshire Police? 

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

None of the other papers reported this though as they were able to tell fact from fiction and didn't have a despicable arsehole for an editor

Granted the other papers didn't, perhaps out of respect, perhaps they weren't briefed by the same Police source but why would you disbelieve an official (and at the time) what was believed to be a credible source? 

I'm no fan of the Sun but anyone that reads a newspaper (or history/reference book for that matter) without questioning or separating what is fact, opinion or heresay is a fucking idiot.

Damanding the Sun be shut down won't change this.

Still don’t get why the f**k he was trying to wind up Tommy Coyle be mentioning the sun. As far as I’m aware Coyle has no connection to Liverpool whatsoever.

OD is a thick c**t though judging by the shite he comes out with on Twitter. He might get away with it if he was a decent fighter

14 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

So, what did it have to do with a spat between a guy from London & another from Hull?

Davies next fight was due to be at the O2 Dome, not Liverpool, wasn't it?

#confused:unsure2:

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

So, what did it have to do with a spat between a guy from London & another from Hull?

Davies next fight was due to be at the O2 Dome, not Liverpool, wasn't it?

#confused:unsure2:

Because Tommy Coyle has publicly backed the Hillsborough campaign and has tweeted his dislike for The Sun in the past.

I think Davies was just being an ignorant fool and had no idea what he was doing but he doesn't have the boxing talent to back up his arsehole behaviour