Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

That’s the best I’ve seen Whyte by miles, obviously helped him that Browne came in with no game plan or head movement whatsoever, but Whyte was sharp, patient and versatile in his work. Thought it would be a hell of a lot closer than that but the gap between them was huge and the finish was brutal. Glad to see Browne managing to leave the ring under his own power.

Did they show a replay of the KO, can't remember seeing it?

No, sky didn’t show it. Seen it on YouTube and it doesn’t look ‘that’ big a shit tbh. I’ve only seen back once, but it looked like it landed pretty flush on the jaw - certainly didn’t look temple or ear. No doubt a good punch but it didn’t look like the type of shot that would cause the damage it obviously did.
Anyway, that really was a crap fight.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

No, sky didn’t show it. Seen it on YouTube and it doesn’t look ‘that’ big a shit tbh. I’ve only seen back once, but it looked like it landed pretty flush on the jaw - certainly didn’t look temple or ear. No doubt a good punch but it didn’t look like the type of shot that would cause the damage it obviously did.

A crap card. Wilder will kill Whyte.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

A crap card. Wilder will kill Whyte.

I only seen the whyte Browne fight. Absolutely made up for Callum Johnson winning though. Thought Ritson would beat Cardle, really like Ritson and think Cardle is going backwards.
Whyte looked okay, but he wasn’t fighting anyone really. Very disappointed with Browne. Wilder would smash whyte but I can’t see the fight happening.

Looked like a temple shot? It's not a good angle. Browne is just a big lump, he isn't a boxer

Looked like a temple shot? It's not a good angle. Browne is just a big lump, he isn't a boxer

Maybe was, would explain Browne’s reaction to it. The one replay I seen of it off my mates phone it looked pretty flush in the cheek but I could well be wrong. Browne was really poor, he’s reliant on his power but he’s usually busier and even then I don’t think he really threw anything of note.

Maybe was, would explain Browne’s reaction to it. The one replay I seen of it off my mates phone it looked pretty flush in the cheek but I could well be wrong. Browne was really poor, he’s reliant on his power but he’s usually busier and even then I don’t think he really threw anything of note.

Agreed, first I've seen him fight and hopefully the last.

Still... better than Dillians last fight entertainment wise

Agreed, first I've seen him fight and hopefully the last.

Still... better than Dillians last fight entertainment wise

Yeah, Browne’s 38 or something. Can’t see him fighting on...retirement beckons.
Well it was over quicker at least!
Both men looked pretty fucked, particularly Browne, after about 3 rounds.

Good performance from Whyte but really disappointed in Browne, thought he looked horrendously out of shape and really ring rusty. Still think Whyte is pretty shit tbh. Wilder KO's him imo.

I like Buglioni and he's a nice guy buy was delighted to see Johnson win. Would like to see him step up in class and have a clear plan towards world level in the next couple of years.

Most guys, in Browne's condition, normally show up & go down in rounds 1 or 2. Padding out some young prospect's record early doors.
That he's managed to negotiate his way to a "title", is more down to circumstance than talent. Just being a "hard c**t", with a punch, is nowhere near good enough to operate at world level & he was horribly exposed by a decent "top ten" ranked guy.

On 24/03/2018 at 12:49, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone here actually believe there are any clean top level fighters at this point (or any other top sportsmen)?

I am struggling with it now tbh.

They're all at it imo. I'm just surprised that with Canelo being probably the biggest cash cow in the sport that he managed to get caught out. 

Just seen the "hook" Whyte eventually managed to get the fat bouncer out with.

I havent had anything really in the way of formal boxing training, but calling that shot a hook is pretty embarrassing. Its basically a slap landed by one absolute scrub on another, worse scrub.

Whyte gettimg utterly obliterated by Wilder might just be worth the pathetic excuse for a boxer getting handed another title shot he has never and will never deserve.

Very disappointed in Browne, far too heavy and was a punch bag from the start.

I thought Browne's only chance was a KO and that it would only happen late so I can't understand why he didn't go into the fight in a shape that would let him have some movement. Unless it was purely the thought that he was hard enough to walk through Whyte for 10rds+.

Watching "the Gloves are Off" just now & they're talking about pressure. Joshua won Olympic Gold, in his own backyard & stopped one of the best heavyweights of the last 20 years, in front of 90+k.
I think it's fair to say he can handle the immense weight of expectation. Parker has yet to be tested at that level.
Joshua has got off the floor, to stop Klitschko, & put to bed that he "can't take a punch". Parker has yet to be tested to that extent.
Is he the better boxer? That will be resolved in the ring come Saturday. One punch can change everything in the Heavyweights.
I only hope, from a fans viewpoint, that there's no gulf in class, like Saturday nights fight showed & that it's a proper "ding-dong" battle.

Whilst Joshua can obviously handle pressure, remember he was given Olympic gold by two gift decisions, won the World title from the worst champion I can remember and beat a two years inactive fighter who had been schooled by fury in his previous fight. He's still a fairly weak champion in a poor division IMO. 

However, given Parker isn't that great, he should have more than enough to deal with him easily. He was horrendous against Hughie and it was another terrible decision.