Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Still not sure you can say that as AJ does what he needs to do. Barely had to get out of bed to beat Parker. His physique is great. His jab is fantastic but I’m not convinced he has much bottle. He hides behind that huge frame. Look how Wilder puts himself in the firing line to be in a position to land those KO’s. Look how much more natural Fury looks. 

Petty gripes though - he’s an incredible physical force but just wish he’d go balls out and show what he can really do. 

I can say that because he's so open when he tries to throw punches, I'd honestly fancy Dubois against him at this early stage, quite rightly Warren will make sure he's ready to mop up before he puts him in for the big belts. 

6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Agree but a young Tyson Destroys anyone to be fair!

Aye, but he didn't destroy them all at the 1st opportunity, AJ will not be able to defend himself from a sustained barrage against anyone with decent power IMO.

I can say that because he's so open when he tries to throw punches, I'd honestly fancy Dubois against him at this early stage, quite rightly Warren will make sure he's ready to mop up before he puts him in for the big belts. 

I like the look of Dubois, and I think he has significant potential, but a win against Estonia’s 6th ranked heavyweight (and 3rd best taxi driver) doesn’t really scream “ready to fight the unified heavyweight champion of the world”, teebs.

None of us have any idea what his weaknesses are yet, because he’s (quite rightly at this stage of his development) only fought a procession of bums at area level at best.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is, you’re talking shite.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

Even if they were, the puma that used to sit in a cage in the Merrymaker pub would come out and administer a swift shoeing to said tigers.

Even after a couple of decades feasting on kebabs I’d fancy wee Brad against the tigers, pumas, AJ et al. 

Just now, J_Stewart said:

I like the look of Dubois, and I think he has significant potential, but a win against Estonia’s 6th ranked heavyweight (and 3rd best taxi driver) doesn’t really scream “ready to fight the unified heavyweight champion of the world”, teebs.

None of us have any idea what his weaknesses are yet, because he’s (quite rightly at this stage of his development) only fought a procession of bums at area level at best.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is, you’re talking shite.

Don't think I am, AJ hasn't improved his weakness one bit in his last 15 fights, he looks like a taxi driver when he's scrambling to get away from an attack.