Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Assuming it’s a routine win for tommy coyle tonight? Other boys record doesn’t look that impressive. Quite like coyle, seems a good type.
Paulie reckons the Yanks are of a decent standard & should be good contests for Coyle & Galahad.

Paulie reckons the Yanks are of a decent standard & should be good contests for Coyle & Galahad.

Having met Paulie, I’ll take what he says with a pinch of salt. Hopefully decent scraps, with coyle and Galahad winning.

That announcer who says the second name of the boxer a second time is going to send me to an early grave. What possible reason does he have for doing it. 
Don't think I've ever noticed it IrishBhoy...Bhoy?

That announcer who says the second name of the boxer a second time is going to send me to an early grave. What possible reason does he have for doing it. 

Assuming you’re referring to David Diamonte, its tradition. Back in the day before there was proper PA systems, the Ring announcer would have to repeat the names for each side of the room. He says he likes to carry on the tradition.

I see Big Baby Miller is now going to fight some boy from Romania for WBA regular later in the year after Fres Oquendo turned it down despite being mandatory for 3 years. Makes a joke of the organisation if you can still be mandatory despite not having fought in 4 years.

Anthony Yard ranked no.2 with the WBO is another one that springs to mind as an absolute disgrace. Yet to be in a meaningful fight and gets that ranking.