Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Disgraceful from that fat w**k Billy Nelson forcing Bakole out for the last few rounds when he wanted to retire as he couldn't use his right hand. Desperate for future pay days instead of protecting his fighter.
Disgusting.

Bakole is a complete fraud. Even before the “injury” he was barely throwing anything, he knew he couldn’t win. Notice that after the fight his right arm seemed to have recovered too. It’s been pissing me off for ages having to listen to Nelson big this guy up when I’ve been at 4 of his fights and saw with my own eyes that he is slow, laboured with terrible movement. I thought I must have been missing something but, against a much smaller fringe world level opponent, this was shown to be the case.

Thought Lightning Lee McGregor was excellent in his fight, delighted for him in what was a big step up. Commonwealth champ in 5 fights, impressive.

Was out last night and was surprised to see Ritson got beat. He’s obviously a good fighter, but if you listened to the Matchroom hype job you would think he would be winning world titles in a couple of fights time.  Commentators were saying in the first round it would just be good if Ritson got some rounds in, completely disregarding his opponent.
Anyone know the what the bookies odds were for Ritson?
It just shows why many British prospects avoid the EBU belt route, whilst looking for a World Title shot.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Deontay Wilder breaking a mascots jaw, not realising there was a man inside the costume, is one of the most stupid things I’ve ever witnessed.

Yeah, it's weird that it has been treated as some sort of hilarious incident as well by some media. 

Thought Patera won really comfortably last night, totally outboxed Ritson and happy to mix it up to show that power wasn't an issue either. Ritson comes across as a nice fella, hopefully he can regroup and come again. 

Feared the worst for Patera when the first scored card was read out. How anyone could have Ritson 4 rounds up was unbelievable. The sky biased towards matchroom fighters is ridiculous at times. I really like Ritson and he's steam rolled through British level. Not sure if stepping down for a British defence might suit him better. Patera made him look like one trick pony his corner didn't help either constantly telling him Patera is knackered. If anything he was growing by the rounds. Good fight

21 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

There’s no chance Ohara Davies has retired, he’s just being a big baby and will return next year likely. He’s been crying about his last fight claiming it was a robbery and that he was going to quit the sport but I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see him again.

Returned the next day. Great.

Thought Ritson looked good the first 3/4 rounds and his jab looked great. At that point it looked like only a matter of time before he Ko’d him. But after that he completely fell out of it and while Patera might not carry massive power he totally took over the fight and was throwing some great combos and was a deserved victor.

For me Ritson look far to reliant on his power and was trying to throw far to many power punches looking for the Ko. That just wont work for him at the higher level and he needs a lot more variation to his work. Hopefully he can learn from this and improve as he does have a great Jab and Paul Smith wasn’t far wrong describing it as a ram rod in the first few rounds.

I don’t know a lot about Ritson’s corner but the advice he was getting didn’t seem great. I know his dad is involved but could he be doing with a bit more experience in the corner?

Ritson has said that he got really hurt from a body shot in the fifth and never recovered from it, which would explain the slowing down and why he was completely dropping his hands to his waist/ribs any time Patera went there, leaving the head completely open. He also said today that he was pissing blood, so it must have been a hell of a body shot right enough.

Fair play to him, been very magnanimous in defeat. Hopefully he learns from it and improves, seems like a decent lad.

57 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Thurmans the man in my eyes but with him doing his thing right now the box office fight in the division is Spence vs Crawford. Personally think Spence would win. Thoughts ?

I have Spence winning via the "Good big guy beats a good smaller guy" method but would expect a very good and very close fight. 

Funnily enough, I actually think Thurman is the weakest of the three and think Spence and Crawford would deal with him reasonably comfortably. Really intriguing match-ups though, can’t wait to see the first unification between two of the three.

Crawford is probably better than Spence but Spence is fucking massive for the weight and seems to have a pretty hard punch. Crawford's been hurt before, against Gamboa, could have been a weight drained issue though as i haven't seen him really troubled since he's went up the weights.  I would  lean slightly towards Spence's size and power giving him the win at the minute but i'll probably change my mind a few times before the fight actually happens, if it ever does.

I'm a fan of Thurman but i agree he's the third best behind the other 2, I could see Spence stopping him tbh. I can't stand Porter so the quicker he loses that belt and disappears the better.

Crawfords one of my favourite boxers but he's yet to have that crossover win, Gamboa was his best one but he pulled him up a division for it iirc.Only way we'll get to see one is if Arum is willing to make big concessions at the negotiating table but you know how that goes. 

He's got a mean streak in him you don't see with most others, get the impression he'd not be happy riding out a UD if he thought he could get the KO.