Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Best punch of the fight, nothing coming back from Takam & staggered again at the stoppage.
Gave the ref the opportunity to stop it & rightly stopped.
He only had to fire a couple back.

I'm far from an expert, but Joyce's hand movements look awkward as f**k when he throws anything other than a jab
He continually looks off balance, but I don't doubt his cumulative punch effect.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:
2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
I'm far from an expert, but Joyce's hand movements look awkward as f**k when he throws anything other than a jab

He continually looks off balance, but I don't doubt his cumulative punch effect.

It's obviously effective, it just looks really odd.

I’m usually one of the first to back an early stoppage from a ref or corner prior to a knockdown when a fighter seems to be in trouble, but thought that was very early. Joyce was obviously landing, but they didn’t seem to be hurtful shots and although Takam took a step back you could see immediately from his reaction that he still had his faculties working.

Was always coming I thought as Takam looked exhausted from the fourth, but maybe a bit too early from the ref.

Not a great performance from Joyce. A top 5 / 10 fighter in the division would obliterate him on that form.

With Joshua fighting his WBO mandatory, & having just taken his IBF mandatory, in Pulev. It might mean Joyce having to try the WBA route, where Trevor Bryan is their regular champ & Dubois rated 1.
You just have to look at Whyte waiting what seems like an eternity on the WBC mandatory shot.

Surprised Webb failed to last a round against Wardley, had that down as a decent scrap.

Babic was as billed though will definitely get found out soon. They mentioned potentially fighting Takam next, don't see him getting through a fight like that yet although Takam is getting on a bit.

Not a big fan of Galahad but expect him to grind out a win. Rumours of him being pretty weight drained so may get scrappy in the later rounds

27 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Surprised Webb failed to last a round against Wardley, had that down as a decent scrap.

Babic was as billed though will definitely get found out soon. They mentioned potentially fighting Takam next, don't see him getting through a fight like that yet although Takam is getting on a bit.

Not a big fan of Galahad but expect him to grind out a win. Rumours of him being pretty weight drained so may get scrappy in the later rounds

Webb looked like he shit himself as soon as Wardley laid a glove on him.