Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Think they 2 will defo go at it again down the road , personally think Eubank Jr. will have 2 much this time for bjs. 

As for ggg against bjs or Eubank , would like to know why none of those guys stepped up to the plate there ? And why brook had to jump 13lb up to take the fight and save smooth eddies ego 

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

That is just not how boxing works. It's about levels

How condescending can you get.  Yes, I'm well aware of that as I mentioned at the end of my post.  I've boxed myself for a couple of years and hope to start up again in the new year if my old bones can cope.  

There's definitely a snobbery on this thread with regards to differing opinions. 

How condescending can you get.  Yes, I'm well aware of that as I mentioned at the end of my post.  I've boxed myself for a couple of years and hope to start up again in the new year if my old bones can cope.  

There's definitely a snobbery on this thread with regards to differing opinions. 

Not snobbery at all. Just giving my own opinion.

Boxing history is littered with guys who looked amazing knocking out losers and got found out as soon as they stepped up.

10 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Not snobbery at all. Just giving my own opinion.

Boxing history is littered with guys who looked amazing knocking out losers and got found out as soon as they stepped up.

Lol I know that.  I just don't believe Eubank will fall into that category.   Nobody gave his Father much chance before his first fight with Benn and look what happened there.  

Hey, I could be a mile off with my prediction but I get the impression Jnr is ready to explode onto the scene in a big way,  he just needs that defining fight to happen sooner rather than later to prove his doubters  (the overwhelming majority going by what's written and said) wrong.

Time will tell who's right.

With regards to the snobbery, I've noticed a few casual fans have their opinions dismissed on this thread by so called experts, some of who admittedly know their stuff but others speak as if they're an authority on the subject and what they say is final.

Marshmallow (I think) takes it tight for no apparent reason other than his first priority seems to be getting wrecked and making a night of it rather than an analytical breakdown of every fighter on the card.  Nothing wrong with either and both opinions are just as valid. 

BJS record is hardly sprinkled with big names either.  

I think CEJ would likely beat BJS if they fought again too, but Andy Lee is about a billion times better than anyone Eubank has fought.

Most impressive win on Eubank's resume is Spike O'Sullivan, ffs.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

I think CEJ would likely beat BJS if they fought again too, but Andy Lee is about a billion times better than anyone Eubank has fought.

Most impressive win on Eubank's resume is Spike O'Sullivan, ffs.

Correct.  Andy Lee may well be the best win he ever has.

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Lol I know that.  I just don't believe Eubank will fall into that category.   Nobody gave his Father much chance before his first fight with Benn and look what happened there.  

Hey, I could be a mile off with my prediction but I get the impression Jnr is ready to explode onto the scene in a big way,  he just needs that defining fight to happen sooner rather than later to prove his doubters  (the overwhelming majority going by what's written and said) wrong.

Time will tell who's right.

With regards to the snobbery, I've noticed a few casual fans have their opinions dismissed on this thread by so called experts, some of who admittedly know their stuff but others speak as if they're an authority on the subject and what they say is final.

Marshmallow (I think) takes it tight for no apparent reason other than his first priority seems to be getting wrecked and making a night of it rather than an analytical breakdown of every fighter on the card.  Nothing wrong with either and both opinions are just as valid. 

He doesn't need a defining fight as much as just a reasonable one.  Who's his biggest names, Nick Blackwell and Spike O'Sullivan.  Although I don't rate either at a world level Andy Lee is a good name for Saunders to have on his resume.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

9 hours ago, Ray Poplawski said:

This'll be the same Eubank Jr that got into the mandatory position for Jacobs and had a contract to fight GGG but is fighting on a Liam Williams undercard in Cardiff for the British title aye? The guy's an embarrassment, would be brilliant seeing GGG ice him 

He's certainly had his career poorly managed but no doubt in my mind he wanted the GGG fight along with any other big name associated with him.  Jnr isn't the problem. 

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

He's certainly had his career poorly managed but no doubt in my mind he wanted the GGG fight along with any other big name associated with him.  Jnr isn't the problem. 

He's a 26 year old man its his responsibility, Crolla is a perfect example that if a fighter believes in himself he'll get the big fights. Hearn said they could try and find a way out of the Barroso fight after he smashed Mitchell but Crolla said he wants it and got the fight. Hearn said he could have a few easy defences and Crolla said he wants Linares and the fight got made. 

This isn't just aimed at Eubank, far too many fighters go on about leaving a legacy but are far too happy fighting bums and saying it's upto the management/promoters and they'll just fight who they get told to fight.