Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Ray you've got to admit we were doubters. It went as expected in terms of an early finish but kell did excellent. At 154 he could do superb

Kell did excellent? Few flurries here and there, didn't budge Golovkin who cut off the ring at will and stopped him in 5. Shows how much of a mismatch it was if that was an excellent performance

Too much to add weight and fight the best fighter in the world at that weight and who punches above that weight.

GGG is the best PfP fighter there is at the moment and also keeps a low profile. He knows he's the best and unless he moves up a weight he will never be challenged. Eubank is a mismatch.

Fair enough. Not doubting kell that was amazing. But! He neve got his eye socket broken bus slip. He got punched. I also think getting your nose broken is easier to diagnose that a broken eye socket- that's a bit specific

Seen it in rugby games I've played in...a decent physio and/or trainer will spot it. It's not like picking cancer.

Despite Golovkin landing with massive shots, I had brook ahead after four.

Enjoyed it, shame there aren't middleweights with Brook's skill.

Would like to see GGG show same balls and move up given that BJS doesn't fancy it. Maybe for DeGale or the like.

Not sure I was watching the same as the sky commentary.

GGG too big and too strong, walked Kell down and closed off the ring. Great stoppage by Ingle, by the way, saved an inevitable KO.

Believe GGG wasn't really affected by any of Kells work.

Massive respect for Brook though. Lots of people speaking about wanting the GGG fight but something seems to stop them all.

Good entertaining fight, but don't be fooled, GGG would have fought differently and taken far fewer shots against someone whose power he actually respected. GGG didn't even bother pretending he wanted / needed to defend because he knew from the first round that Brook couldn't hurt him. Brook landed clean as f**k a few times and he just nodded his head and plowed forward cutting off the ring and hunting him down. Showed far more respect to Lemieux. Was only a matter of time from the middle of the third onwards, and while Brook did really well to stay in as long as he did (and landed some good shots), he wasn't seeing the end of that round, towel or not.

Hoping the fact that he did get caught a few times will encourage Canelo (or even Cotto) to fight him, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Good entertaining fight, but don't be fooled, GGG would have fought differently and taken far fewer shots against someone whose power he actually respected. GGG didn't even bother pretending he wanted / needed to defend because he knew from the first round that Brook couldn't hurt him. Brook landed clean as f**k a few times and he just nodded his head and plowed forward cutting off the ring and hunting him down. Showed far more respect to Lemieux. Was only a matter of time from the middle of the third onwards, and while Brook did really well to stay in as long as he did (and landed some good shots), he wasn't seeing the end of that round, towel or not.

Hoping the fact that he did get caught a few times will encourage Canelo (or even Cotto) to fight him, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Completely agree. GGG said it himself once he knew Brook couldn't hurt him he turned it into a street fight.

He would never be as reckless against someone who hurt him. He really is a scary prospect the power he possess and the shots he can take.

So who is next for GGG?

See Eubank Sr is at it on Twitter now.

Eta it's actually laughable that Eubank Jr had the chance to fight GGG but is now scheduled to fight Tommy Langford. He has actually done nothing to deserve a fight at that level anyway

Other than his Dad I must be the only person on the planet that would back Jnr to beat GGG.  I rarely call big fights wrong.  I backed Fury heavily to beat Klitschko,  Frampton to beat Quigg and Mayweather to cruise past Canelo.  I don't see any other fighter with the attributes to beat GGG other than Jnr.  Those being speed, durability, a granite jaw (which I assume he's inherited from Daddy) and above all else supreme confidence.  Most of GGGs opponents have lost by the ring walk despite their bluster - Brook looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.  BJS won't take it and if he met Jnr again it'd be a different story; he's came on massively since they fought.  A bit drunk so ill probably forget I posted this tomorrow. I await the derisory laughter. 

Thought it was a good effort by Brook but GGG is in a different league.

Not sure where GGG has left to go in the MW division now given that Canelo and BJS won't go near him. Could he afford to fight so square on if he stepped up a weight to SMW? 

3 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Eubank junior on Twitter already claiming his team don't have towels. Don't have pens either apparently.

I would pay to see GGG knock him out but imo he hasn't done enough to merit a shot at someone who is top 3 p4p in the world.

Can't see EB junior having the power. 

Though big money fight for him though why not. 

If he loses its where does he go?

Drop a weight best option for him.