Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

The only thing BJS has going for him is the title.

Otherwise, it's an early rounds stoppage.

Canelo's the only big cash generator left in the division. Otherwise it's a move up to really prove himself.

I've never understood why a boxer needs to  move through the weights to really prove himself, if he keeps doing what he's doing at that weight he'll have no questions to answer from anyone IMO.

As long as he makes 160 he can stay as long as he wants and take on whoever's there just now and whoever comes up from 154. 

There's too many people that sit farting into the cushion of their settee acting like they have a right to pass comment on what a boxer should be doing with their career. 

43 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

As long as he makes 160 he can stay as long as he wants and take on whoever's there just now and whoever comes up from 154. 

There's too many people that sit farting into the cushion of their settee acting like they have a right to pass comment on what a boxer should be doing with their career. 

That'll never change. Look at how some people were critical of Calzaghe throughout his career! That said, I'd love to see how GGG would deal with stepping up to SMW!

It's a boxers career they can do wtf they want with it really as long as they're in a weight class imo.  Look how long Hagler stayed at 160 reigning supreme, I don't think many people back then were complaining. 

The Alvarez situation is different as 155 isn't a division.  If he can continue to make 154 and wants to stay there then he's entitled to, if he can't make the weight then he should move to 160.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

GGG isn't exactly making a big cut to 160. think he's pretty comfortable. I'm not sure he'd be interested in SMW and he's no reason to be unless he wants to really challenge himself.

Can't lie though I'd like to see if he could still walk through bigger men the same way. I don't think there are too many even there who would stand much of a chance of stopping him. DeGale maybe, wouldn't put money on it even still.

15 minutes ago, GiGi said:

GGG isn't exactly making a big cut to 160. think he's pretty comfortable. I'm not sure he'd be interested in SMW and he's no reason to be unless he wants to really challenge himself.

Can't lie though I'd like to see if he could still walk through bigger men the same way. I don't think there are too many even there who would stand much of a chance of stopping him. DeGale maybe, wouldn't put money on it even still.

I was thinking this too but with Andre Ward.......but he's stepped up a division himself now.

As has been said before there is hardly any big names in the smw division either.

See from Ring Magazine that de gale is ranked 1 and groves 4th so it's hardly the stacked division it was a few years back.

Is GGG really going to add to his legacy by beating the likes of De Gale or Jack. Probably not if Andre Ward was still in the division I would imagine he would be looking to step up but there is potentially a couple of bigger fights for him
Left at mw than there is at super.

8 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

7 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

It's a boxers career they can do wtf they want with it really as long as they're in a weight class imo.  Look how long Hagler stayed at 160 reigning supreme, I don't think many people back then were complaining. 

The Alvarez situation is different as 155 isn't a division.  If he can continue to make 154 and wants to stay there then he's entitled to, if he can't make the weight then he should move to 160.

Considering SM didn't wasn't a mainstream fixture, by the end of Hagler's career, a jump to LH was more extreme than that of w/w to middle.

It's the sort of basic thing you pick up, sitting on a sofa *parp*!

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Considering SM didn't wasn't a mainstream fixture, by the end of Hagler's career, a jump to LH was more extreme than that of w/w to middle.

It's the sort of basic thing you pick up, sitting on a sofa *parp*!

It's definitely a lot less extreme than Roberto Duran going from lightweight to supermiddle in the same era.

5 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

The Eubanks are fucking embarrassing. Just watching skysports news. Apparently ready to fight GGG but he's also two fights away.

He's bumping around, at National level, looking for a Lonsdale belt outright. When he should be taking on World Class level opponents, to become mandatory challenger!

Edited by kiddy

He's bumping around, at National level, looking for a Lonsdale belt outright. When he should be taking on World Class level opponents, to become mandatory challenger!

See if he came out and said look I want to win this outright instead of shouting his mouth off when everyone knows he didn't sign the contract to fight GGG. And threw the fight away against BJS. Just wrong timing for the crap about corner men.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Would think twice before I backed BJS against him. I think that would play out differently next time.

Eubank all the way in any rematch.  He was a clumsy novice in the first fight and looked it for the first 7 or 8 rounds.  BJS has barely fought since - twice - whereas Eubank has improved with every fight. 

Edited by LargsTON

8 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The only reason Eubank apparently "started slow" was because he couldn't start. BJS is a far superior boxer, just has a tendency to gas late on in a fight. I'd pick him to beat Eubank again. I also don't agree with the idea that Eubank has improved, all he's done is fought at domestic level or less

I admit to being slightly biased when it comes to Eubank Junior but you're kidding yourself on if you can't see he's massively improved in the past 2 years, irrespective of his opponents who he's looked several levels above anyway.