Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

15 minutes ago, Binos said:

Danny Dyer, talksport guest just now 

'These two men, they've got to have it off '

Worth noting that he shat his pants at a Dundee Derby at about 11am when the kick off was 3pm and thought it was kicking off as a wee lad strolled by eating a pie.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Worth noting that he shat his pants at a Dundee Derby at about 11am when the kick off was 3pm and thought it was kicking off as a wee lad strolled by eating a pie.

A peh?

25 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Some atmosphere, like a pre season friendly. 

Was saying to my mates during the Cordina Cacace fight where the stands were completely full, if it was a card here where if it was three fights before the main event (even for a world title fight), place would be half empty, but it’d still have ten times the noise.

Sure these shows are great for the fighters as they’ll make much, much more money from the purse I imagine, but it’s fucking shite viewing.

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Was saying to my mates during the Cordina Cacace fight where the stands were completely full, if it was a card here where if it was three fights before the main event (even for a world title fight), place would be half empty, but it’d still have ten times the noise.

Sure these shows are great for the fighters as they’ll make much, much more money from the purse I imagine, but it’s fucking shite viewing.

I think it can also disadvantage certain fighters as some feed off an atmosphere more than others.  It's just pish tbh aside from forcing the best to meet the best.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

What is Joseph Parker's accent all about? 

Bizarre sounding 

In what sense?  He sounds like he should sound being Samoan.

Just now, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Fancy Usyk here tbh.

Tbh no outcome would surprise me other than Usyk stopping Fury.  I've taken Fury 10-12 and the draw but I've zero confidence in either.

Usyk should've been finished by Dubois last time round and got a massive slice of fortune with that low blow decision.

Fury was utter shite against Ngannou.

I reckon Fury was arrogant and complacent against Ngannou. Not 100% sure what the script was with Usyk vs Dubois.

Don't think tonight will be a classic by any means but a very interesting tactical battle. If Fury comes into this anything less than 100% then he'll be outboxed.