The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's us played all of the three teams relegated from the Super Premier League, and we've drawn with all three of them.

I understand Glencairn had yet another big penalty shout not given again today ? Thoughts from those in attendance would be interesting, because the past three weeks' non-penalty awards had to be seen to be believed. Gerry's back from holiday so his video will tell all this week.

The ref seen the still, suggested it might be over, the lino in question said no chance, the other lino adamant it was in. As mentioned previously the defender hadn't made contact yet so it still had further time to clear the line. Goal all day but not to be. Felt we were slightly better team over the 90 mins but would've taken a draw before KO.

Yafc I was very impressed with yoker today, skilful and battled hard all game, they're the best team we've played so far in the league, no 11 coulda got a gold medal at the Olympics for moaning lol,but he was a good player, 9 and 10 impressed me too,yoker will do well this season if they keep up that level of performance, cheers.

11 hours ago, YAFC said:

The ref seen the still, suggested it might be over, the lino in question said no chance, the other lino adamant it was in. As mentioned previously the defender hadn't made contact yet so it still had further time to clear the line. Goal all day but not to be. Felt we were slightly better team over the 90 mins but would've taken a draw before KO.

As I said, draw your own conclusion,only one lino was in any position to make a judgement, the others opinion is irelevant. I am quite happy with the decision, others were not, I can see their point. The ref has to be convinced it was over the line to give the goal, he wasn't and that is the end of it.

That's a penalty every day of the week for the two-handed push on Fraser Team. It's not a difficult decision to make. That's four games in a row that we've had certain penalties not given, unfortunately only one game has been filmed.

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Yafc I was very impressed with yoker today, skilful and battled hard all game, they're the best team we've played so far in the league, no 11 coulda got a gold medal at the Olympics for moaning lol,but he was a good player, 9 and 10 impressed me too,yoker will do well this season if they keep up that level of performance, cheers.

they're the only team who I've felt we deserved to lose to on the day. A wee problem defensively perhaps but they are scoring a lot which should help them overcome that frailty. 

YAFC, u say the Lino in question said no chance but the other Lino was adamant it was in? How the hell could he say he was adamant, he was 50 yards away lol, he couldn't even call obvious offside decisions right in front of him never mind comment on that

4 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

YAFC, u say the Lino in question said no chance but the other Lino was adamant it was in? How the hell could he say he was adamant, he was 50 yards away lol, he couldn't even call obvious offside decisions right in front of him never mind comment on that

From reviewing the images at FT!!!

Talking about lino's, we should have had a 2nd goal to make it 2-0 nicky prentice tucked it away, I was right in line, he was a good yard onside, would have been harsh on yoker, but that would have killed the game off!
Yafc, what did u make of your goalies two saves at the end, brilliant stops the two of them were!! [emoji41]

I would agree that Yoker are the best team we've played this season so far, but Kilsyth were not at the races at times during the game yesterday. Not taking anything away from Yoker, because they were excellent, but that's the poorest I've seen us play in good while. Still got a few bodies to come back in from injury too, so I'm sure we'll push on from this result!!!

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Talking about lino's, we should have had a 2nd goal to make it 2-0 nicky prentice tucked it away, I was right in line, he was a good yard onside, would have been harsh on yoker, but that would have killed the game off!
Yafc, what did u make of your goalies two saves at the end, brilliant stops the two of them were!! emoji41.png

Maybe remembering this wrong now but unfortunately I think it was whoever passed the ball to Nicky that was flagged offside when they were passed to. Was still tight decision even then. Good point when not playing as well as we have. Hopefully getting injured players back will help too.

1 hour ago, Kelvin Valley said:

Maybe remembering this wrong now but unfortunately I think it was whoever passed the ball to Nicky that was flagged offside when they were passed to. Was still tight decision even then. Good point when not playing as well as we have. Hopefully getting injured players back will help too.

Yip, you are remembering it wrong, the one we were on about the ball was passed to nicky who was flagged offside and he tucked it away, shocker of an offside call, no even close

Saturday's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (4th) v Irvine Meadow XI (10th)
Girvan (8th) v Clydebank (6th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Kilsyth Rangers (1st)
Petershill (3rd) v Cumbernauld United (7th)
Renfrew (13th) v Shettleston (2nd)
Shotts Bon Accord (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (9th)
Yoker Athletic (5th) v Maryhill (14th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived