Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Surprised Millar is starting – thought he looked sharp when he played on Thursday, so doesn't need the game time. Certainly hope he's starting next week.

Macca's absence from the bench might be telling – is he being rested? Mind you, Paton's not there either, and he looked like he just started pre-season against Trakai

We've got an ex striker called Coulson training with us apparently.

Gies the bad news.

He'll play two matches, cover 100 yards, complete three passes then get injured for the next seven months.

43 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Gies the bad news.

Can't be the same one. You could never call ours a striker. Or a midfielder. Or a winger.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Gies the bad news.

He has absolutely no stand out attributes and he's very injury prone. Certainly can't see him being a good player in the championship either. 

Edited by Kyle

He has absolutely no stand out attributes and he's very injury prone. Certainly can't see him being a good player in the championship either. 

Can't be the same one. You could never call ours a striker. Or a midfielder. Or a winger.

Unlucky.

He'll play two matches, cover 100 yards, complete three passes then get injured for the next seven months.

Uh huh.

f**k sake.

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

So how did Scougall, McClean and Tanser fare?

All three were fine. Scougall showed some neat touches and linked well at times with the others in the team, but he'll be wasted on the wing if that's where we keep playing him. McLean looked neat and tidy, but probably not quite ready to be chucked in yet. Tanser played away. No stand out moments but no clangers either. 

How did the young lads get on in a whole? Apparently Kerr made a mistake for the first, and Comrie was impressive?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

How did the young lads get on in a whole? Apparently Kerr made a mistake for the first, and Comrie was impressive?

Young lads were fine. Of the 3 centre backs, Kerr's definitely the one who could use a loan. He's got some good attributes but needs more games before he'll be ready for us imo. Gordon looked solid and Comrie was probably our best player. Gordon and Comrie demonstrated today why Tommy is letting Watson go I think - they both look capable enough of stepping in. 

Young lads were fine. Of the 3 centre backs, Kerr's definitely the one who could use a loan. He's got some good attributes but needs more games before he'll be ready for us imo. Gordon looked solid and Comrie was probably our best player. Gordon and Comrie demonstrated today why Tommy is letting Watson go I think - they both look capable enough of stepping in. 

Cheers.

I'd nearly agree with @Kyle but Tanser worries me already. I'll allow him the fact he's settling into a new team but he looked wholly unremarkable to me. If he was a trialist, there would be no clamour to sign him.

McClean was a bit like Scott Brown in that the tools look to be there but he'll need to succeed where Brown failed and really push on. He'd be a massive downgrade on Millar or Davidson if thrown in (totally understandable given his age) but he's got a one-year deal so just being neat and tidy in 12 months time isn't an option.

It'll take time for the team and Scougall to get on the same wavelength, as it did with Swanson, but he should do well for us. It's a signing we'll never be able to criticise the manager for as it made perfect sense.

Of the young players, I was most impressed by Comrie I think. Fast, strong and got forward pretty intelligently if not in abundance.

Not sure I'd go as far as to say I'm worried about Tanser on the basis of that game, but he wasn't a particular stand out either. I'd agree that, if he was a trialist today, no one would be screaming for him to be signed. 

On Coulson, I had a feeling he might be looking for a club up here when he was apparently at the game on Thursday. Dunfermline would suit him as he's based in Kinross I think. Can anyone really say if he's a good or bad player though? I'm not sure I know. He fits the old tampon adage perfectly as he'd be in one week then would disappear for three.

Coming from the worst senior team in England and with injury problems never offered much hope but his pedigree before that was alright and he might do a job down a level.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

On Coulson, I had a feeling he might be looking for a club up here when he was apparently at the game on Thursday. Dunfermline would suit him as he's based in Kinross I think. Can anyone really say if he's a good or bad player though? I'm not sure I know. He fits the old tampon adage perfectly as he'd be in one week then would disappear for three.

Coming from the worst senior team in England and with injury problems never offered much hope but his pedigree before that was alright and he might do a job down a level.

Wait. He turned up at the game? Was he in his saints gear? 

Wait. He turned up at the game? Was he in his saints gear? 

Him and Swanson were apparently both in the Main Stand for the game. Legend has it Gary McDonald was aswell, but you can't see him in any photos..