Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it still likely that Watson will leave? Or is it more likely we'll hang onto him and allow Comrie a loan spell?

My post was based on the assumption that Watson would be leaving us, but that possibly wouldn't be the worst idea if Watson's wage isn't being allocated to another player.

My post was based on the assumption that Watson would be leaving us, but that possibly wouldn't be the worst idea if Watson's wage isn't being allocated to another player.

Tbh I hadn't even read your post before posting. Was just a general ponderance since he featured again today and I hadn't heard of a Comrie injury.

We can just about manage two decent premiership starting elevens right now:

Clark

Foster  Anderson  Shaughnessy  Easton

Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Scougall

Maclean    Cummins

Mannus

Watson  Gordon  Gilchrist  Tanser

Thomson  Paton  Craig  Alston

Kane  Hurst

All players who have made appearances for the first team, and that still leaves Mark Hurst, Comrie, Kerr and McLean.  I hope we sign Habrán, but I can't imagine there would be any other signings after that.

It looks as though we're getting ahead of the game for next season's Champions League with this size of squad, its good planning by the club.

Watched o'Reilly's development since I watched him play for the under 15s. stood out like a sore thumb. Can't be arsed looking but sure I posted at the time about how excited I was about him. Rare but he is comfortable on both wings. I know from speaking to one of the current first team players and they have been raving about him ever since he started training with the first team. Also mentioned there is about 6 or 7 really excellent prospects now made the step up from under 16/17 to now first team/development squad. Finally the hard work and investment into the clubs youth policy hopefully starting to show shoots of growth.

18 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Watched o'Reilly's development since I watched him play for the under 15s. stood out like a sore thumb. Can't be arsed looking but sure I posted at the time about how excited I was about him. Rare but he is comfortable on both wings. I know from speaking to one of the current first team players and they have been raving about him ever since he started training with the first team. Also mentioned there is about 6 or 7 really excellent prospects now made the step up from under 16/17 to now first team/development squad. Finally the hard work and investment into the clubs youth policy hopefully starting to show shoots of growth.

Did we not go nearly 2 seasons unbeaten at that level, only losing to Celtic because we conceded a late winner when we overcommitted trying to score? 

Regardless, the 17s are an impressive lot. 

Edited by Kyle

8 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Just wanted to drop by and say that goal from Spoony today was absolutely filthy. Sat the goalie down with a drag over ffs :lol: 

Both goals were good. First one he beats the defender, who had to get taken off as Spoony was running riot, and slots the keeper at his near post. Second he beats John O Shea and drags past Manonne, when he's good he's good but he is as frustrating as f**k.

Edited by tree house tam
I'm thick

Both goals were good. First one he beats the defender, who had to get taken off as Spoony was running riot, and slots the keeper at his near post. Second he beats John O Shea and drags past Manonne, when he's good he's good but he is as frustrating as f**k.

I find when Spoony is playing poorly he still looks for the ball & still tries to make passes.

Other player would hide or make safe passes. This makes him look worse in his bad days.

Yes thought he'd looked pretty poor in European game and last season he wasn't great after being superb the one before.

But with him, those goals are just the thing to give him the confidence to kick on and have a great season again. He's always been a bit like that.

21 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

No mention of his musical ambitions?

I will maybe do a follow up with him in the future on that side of things. He was on his lunch break so I had a limited amount of time to speak to him and I wanted to cover all 3 teams plus his tenure at Annan so far too. Will definitely keep it in mind for a follow-up though. Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. 

Edited by dafcburty