Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I can exclusively reveal that Denny Johnstone wasn't Tommy's top target at the start of the summer transfer window. #ITK

So now that the top target is not coming or has gone else where....who was it.

please tell me its still on and this Johnstone stuff is just smoke and mirrors......pleeeesseee

Looks like Coulibaly will shortly resolve his issues with Al Ahly. On his way lads, on his way. :rolleyes: 

He's still fucked, as the quotes say Al Ahly are still taking it to FIFA, a bans still the most likely outcome for him.

A decent footballer rarely needs to tackle, their positional sense and reading of the game can mean it's not required. That's why Millar often intercepts things instead. Paton on the other hand continually gets caught on the wrong side of the ball before forlornly chasing after it and perhaps launching into a "tackle", more likely a foul.

You could make a case for Davidson being our best midfielder but Millar is clearly better than anyone else in there. Davidson is also at his most effective alongside Millar. Tackling is of course a great strength of Davidson's but a lot of them are of his own choosing rather than being caught out as such. The two of them offer a good balance.

You boys in for him?

He's in contact with McCulloch regularly & got himself a house in Killie, also just registered his kid at one of thr local schools. He's also been at a good few of our games as a normal punter.

19 minutes ago, Radford said:

@Costanza @Broon_100 @PauloPerth @Honest Saints Fan

#TeamMidge

I'm very much part of this group too and some good points been made about the qualities he possesses. Ask yourself why you never see Millar chasing full pelt after someone like you do with Paton...

How fucking dare you leave me out of #TeamMidge

29 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He's in contact with McCulloch regularly & got himself a house in Killie, also just registered his kid at one of thr local schools. He's also been at a good few of our games as a normal punter.

If you'd mentioned a taxi driver you'd have had a full house Cammy. ;)

Millar is by far our best midfielder.

He breaks up play, retains possession and dictates our tempo.

As Radford points out he is also very rarely caught out of position.

He's not as flashy as Swanson, Scougall or Spoony can be but he's far more consistent a performer.

There aren't many midfielders in Scotland I'd swap for a fit Chris Millar. If he could shoot or had a better range of passing he'd have been a world beater. In terms of ball winning/retention though, top drawer.

There aren't many midfielders in Scotland I'd swap for a fit Chris Millar. If he could shoot or had a better range of passing he'd have been a world beater. In terms of ball winning/retention though, top drawer.

I can think of at least 10 if not more I'd want ahead of him in Scotland.

Central midfielders? I should probably have qualified it as aside from Celtic. But go on, name them [emoji6]

Well you never qualified it hence my response, but I'll allow it to be central midfielders only from the league.

Brown
Armstrong
Ntcham
Bitton
McGregor
Shinnie
Tansey
McLean (despite what Aberdeen fans think)
Dorrans
Jack (he's a younger version of Millar)
McGinn
McGeouch
Djoum
Bannigan

That's just off the top of my head. I like Millar, but I'd have all of the above ahead of him for sure and that's just the top 6 teams in the league.

Thinking further you could potentially add Bartley, Slivka, Osman, Barton, Draper, Docherty, to name just a few more.

He's good, but he's not irreplaceable.

So, Denny Johnstone has signed lads...

On a one year loan deal? :huh:

Hopefully that means we're only paying a portion of his wage and we're bringing in someone who isn't likely to be the second cummin of Graham Cummins.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So, Denny Johnstone has signed lads...

On a one year loan deal? :huh:

Hopefully that means we're only paying a portion of his wage and we're bringing in someone who isn't likely to be the second cummin of Graham Cummins.

Linky?