Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Cheers, howfin journalism as usual though. Forrester? 

EXCLUSIVE: Johnstone signs for St Johnstone

04/03/16 MORTON TRAINING PARKLEA Morton's Denny Johnstone

St Johnstone have signed Denny Johnstone on a year-long loan deal from Colchester United.

We revealed yesterday Tommy Wright was interested in the former Celtic striker, who was also being eyed by Dundee.

But Forrester has picked Perth and will add firepower Wright’s side was badly lacking.

The McDiarmid boss had been eyeing Conor Sammon and Miles Storey but the attacking pair opted for Partick Thistle.

So if it's a loan deal, that suggests we're still in for this mythical Jewel to me. Also makes me think we won't be getting them any time soon, so we needed another option as despite the praise, there's no way Hendry can be expected to step up.

Have you said summer instead of season by accident? He signed a 2 year deal in 2016.

I have yeah, expires 2018. Can see the logic in signing him on a years loan, with the potential of getting him for nothing next Summer (I'm aware he'll score 15 goals by January then sign a PCA with Hibs) tbh. In terms of a "panic" signing, it's not a bad one.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I have yeah, expires 2018. Can see the logic in signing him on a years loan, with the potential of getting him for nothing next Summer (I'm aware he'll score 15 goals by January then sign a PCA with Hibs) tbh. In terms of a "panic" signing, it's not a bad one.

I kind of agree. As Widge notes above, I think this deal possibly suggests that we've got something else in the pipeline too. I can't see us taking on his full wage if it's a loan (maybe we can't afford if, seeing as they paid a fee for him last year).

Guess we'll have to wait and see. If Watson and Millar leave, that may give Tommy the wiggle room required to bring in another player.

Is George hunter still with you guys? Young striker think you got from Spartans, was out on loan at Elgin the airdrie a think..

Looks like he's moved to Australia to play football

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Well you never qualified it hence my response, but I'll allow it to be central midfielders only from the league.

Brown
Armstrong
Ntcham
Bitton
McGregor
Shinnie
Tansey
McLean (despite what Aberdeen fans think)
Dorrans
Jack (he's a younger version of Millar)
McGinn
McGeouch
Djoum
Bannigan

That's just off the top of my head. I like Millar, but I'd have all of the above ahead of him for sure and that's just the top 6 teams in the league.

To be fair when you list them all out there are some decent players in the league. However, i still maintain that Millar keeps/wins possession better than most of them. Others on there provide more attacking threat fair enough. Not having the Aberdeen or Hibs lads as any better though, McGinn aside.

So an on loan player from League 2 (which is a brutal standard, even compared to Scotland). 

On a positive he played well against us in the cup once. Hopefully us signing him is based on more than that. 

Welcome Denny Johnstone!

Delighted with this signing. A fine acquisition. Very fine indeed. I couldn't be happier. Denny Johnstone is clearly the next big thing.  

Not gonna lie, I was expecting a bigger name. Got to be honest about that. Of course, our summer spending may not be over yet. 8)Gonna keep very quiet about the name of our top target.

Here's RandomGuy's ITK opinion of Denny Johnstone when we were rumoured to be signing him last week:

Johnstone is a massive huddy who'll run about barging into folk and not actually contributing much. Probably be useful for a team in the bottom half.

:lol: